Advice on ship

kaddie

Looking to take a cruise in December... have decided on a 7 night Eastern Caribbean, now we need to pick a ship. I have it narrowed down to three... NCL Jewel, RCCL Navigator of the Seas, or the Carnival Valor. We are newlyweds in our late 20's. We like to have a variery of activities, but also like to lounge around by the pool doing nothing. I have sailed once before, on Carnival and loved it. Anyone have any info on these ships?

I haven't been on these ships... But we did a back to back on the Zuiderdam last year and loved it. There was quite a mix of ages, food was great, not a lot of kids, so there was always space at both pools. We had a good sized balcony stateroom. It was very enjoyable. Their port stops are Grand Turk, Tortola, St. Thomas and HAL's private island, which is beautiful.

Some agencies are offering shipboard credits too, which is always nice.

I know it's tough to narrow down the choices, and this certainly doesn't answer your question... but we enjoyed our cruise so much that I thought I'd recommend it!

:)

I sailed on the Carnival Glory (a sister to the Valor) last year and loved it. I love Carnival and have sailed with them many times, but have just booked my first RCI cruise. NCL has the freestyle cruise and that is nice... you eat when and where you want. I would say, have a good look at the itineraries, then look around on these boards and compare the ships, look at pictures and compare reviews. IMHO Carnival is the best for younger cruisers.

Whatever you decide, I am sure you will have a great time. Good luck and enjoy.

Archived