Are you worried?

jamandamn14

Anything is possible whether you're on a cruise or just walking across the street. Like the previous poster said, it's unlikely it will happen again in the near future. Look at the "Rogue Wave" that NCL's Dawn suffered. That didn't stop me from booking the Dawn; not once, but twice!

I also wonder how many people will be thinking twice about cruising. Not I. Getting in your car with your kids everyday is way more dangerous. I think however it has enlightened us to what can happen and perhaps help us to have a safety plan of our own in those crutial first moments. Thank God that everyone is alive, for all we know.

I only cruise one or two weeks a year. Don't most of us drive our cars everyday, or cross a very busy street? I would say your odds are much better of being killed in a car crash or being hit by a car crossing the street.

Are you afraid to fly because there have been plane crashes in the past?

I am not afraid to fly nor cruise, I am much more afraid of the other drivers on the road in their cars each day.

I agree with the above posters--I'm more worried about getting hit on the expressway than I am about something happening on a cruise ship like the Crown.

It also seems to me that injuries from a car crash would be more severe than injuries from a cruise ship (in this day and age).

Quite frankly I am worried. I am sailing on the Crown on Aug 16th & I was sooooo thrilled & excited (it will be my first cruise). But I am sailing with my children - 7 yr old son & 3 yr old twin daughters. I am envisioning how scared they would have been during that list. Worse still, how terrified I would have been if they had been in the kids zone while DH & I were somewhere else on the ship. I would have been out of my mind.

I can't honestly say I will be able to just relax & enjoy the cruise now.

I calm myself with the statistics... There are, what, maybe 40-50 cruises on all of the different lines on bigger ships each week? If each has an average of 2000 passengers, then there are 80-100,000 people cruising each week! Out of those 100,000 people, how many are seriously injured in a given week?

• 2 months later...
Sorry I have no clue... but what is this "list" the article speaks of?

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1) - Cite This Source

list [list]Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation

–noun 1.a careening, or leaning to one side, as of a ship.

–verb (used without object) 2.(of a ship or boat) to incline to one side; careen: The ship listed to starboard.

–verb (used with object) 3.to cause (a vessel) to incline to one side: The shifting of the cargo listed the ship to starboard.

[Origin: 1620–30; orig. uncert.]

—Synonyms 2, 3. tilt, slant, heel.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)

Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Archived