Return Flight & Options

We are cruising next June from Miami Port. I was finally able to look into airfares and what a surprise I got. The airfares were reasonable leaving for Miami from NY but when it came to adding the return flight option the costs went up significantly! It's the afternoon flight that's raising the cost at least $200 per person. I've never flown an afternoon flight so my question is this typical for an afternoon flight? Most flights showed as 1:15pm departure as well. I was afraid that might be cutting it too close? We are considering staying in Miami for the extra night and flying out early the next morning.

For a cruise out of Miami, a flight out of MIA after 12 should be fine. Have you looked at FLL as an alternative airport? Sometimes you can find cheaper flights into and out of FLL, just give yourself some extra time (say 30 minutes to an hour) to get back and forth. Make sure to look at airlines like Jet Blue and Southwest which aren't on most search engines as well.

Thanks for your help :) Our problem is that our options for airlines that fly to Miami airport from our airport or even the one that's about 90 minutes from here are limited. I was searching for round trip airfare but as soon as I added an afternoon return flight it increased the cost significantly. Most of the reasonably priced airfares were for early morning flights. We've decided to stay the night of debarking in Miami and fly out early the next morning. It was much cheaper considering airfare for 4 of us. My husband didn't like the Saturday flight home arriving at the airport at 11:30pm followed by the drive home.

Archived