Mini review and Reward offer

filamy

First of all, did anybody on the Valor or Miracle that were in Costa Maya on Friday, July 14th pick up our Nikon digital camera in a gray case from a taxi. We offer a reward for the camera or even just the memory card that had all of our photos of our first cruise. These lost pictures are very important to us and include our first canopy rides and my wife having a baby Mexican raccoon relive itself on her arm along with many other extremely important memories.

We were on the Valor 7/9 to 7/16. Just about everything was fantastic. Thanks to the helpful and great folks through Cruise Critic, we were prepared and made the most of our time and money. The ship was great, the staff (with just a few exceptions) were wonderful. My main complaint about Carnival was the constant selling programs. We were forewarned about the vacation club, but I missed the warnings about the Carnival scare tactics. During one of the early port talks we, the passengers, were strongly warned about taking a tour not through Carnival. It seems that horrible things happen to unsuspecting tourists who would chance their lives to any tour company that is not recommended by Carnival. Also, the strong push towards buying jewelry from the companies that Carnival works with. In my opinion, equal if not much better deals can be found through local honest independent jewelers. Looking through the recommended stores I was shown inferior merchandise at high prices, no bargains. The 30 day guarantee that Carnival offers is worthless. Aside from these minor points, We loved the cruise, the ship, food, service and other passengers. Again, thanks to the members of Cruise Critic our first cruise experience was excellent and we are now hooked. Lastly, Starz (Marge) really is an excellent singer. For future cruises, if you happen to be on a cruise with her, make certain to listen to her at the Karaoke bar. And Donny F was not too impressive at folding towels. Thanks to all and happy cruising.

I'm sorry you lost all your pictures. I would be devasted. In the future, I'd recommend having multiple memory cards and keeping them apart from the camera so you don't lose everything. I keep mine in the safe.

I'm glad you liked the Miracle. We were on it 2 weeks before you and also had a great time.

Archived