Info on the new Brooklyn Terminal

tedd

Anyone use the new Brooklyn Terminal?

Looking for tips on parking, boarding lines, directions ect. Hoping to sail out of Brooklyn August 7th on Crown Princess (if she gets running again).

Live in the Montgomeryville Area outside Philadelphia.

Tedd, you may want to check the Cunard board as there's a fair amount of info on the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. I'll be using it for the first time on Sept 2 (QM2 to Halifax).

Tedd -

I sailed out on the first sailing of the Crown back in June and it was much easier than I could have imagined. I drove from central NJ up the turnpike, through the holland tunnel, a few miles south on the West side highway, through the battery tunnel and the ship is right there after a few u-turns down the service/entrance road.

There is ample and secure parking. I believe it is $18 a day, but you can check on their website.

The lines and checkin are about what you would expect from any cruise. The terminal is a heck of a lot nicer than the old mid-town one.

Michael

Not at all!!! Our Manhattan hotel charges $55/day with no in/out privileges. There are many parking facilities in Baltimore that charge more than $18/day.

We're doing Amtrak and a taxi or car service. Redeemed Amex points for our train tickets.

Karen

Baltimore

Not that expensive for NY.

Anyone use the new Brooklyn Terminal?

Looking for tips on parking, boarding lines, directions ect. Hoping to sail out of Brooklyn August 7th on Crown Princess (if she gets running again).

Live in the Montgomeryville Area outside Philadelphia.

I think a lot of folks gave you the link regarding Red Hook....

Here is the link to come join us on the roll call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=237729

we are planning a get together the first day at 3:30 at Tradewinds....Starboard side and also the first day at sea at 11 (or 11:30...check on the roll call thread) at Skywalkers....come meet us!

We sailed from there on may 6.

Did not need to park as we live only about 150 miles away and had a limo drop us off. Much cheaper than flying and a whole lot more convienient.

Terminal was good and embarkation was smooth and timely.

Don`t think you will have any problems.

Archived