Hotels in Rome & Venice

We just spent three nights at the Hotel Mozart in Rome and loved it. It is in the exclusive shopping area just a couple blocks from the bottom of the Spanish Steps. If you clip on the photo link below there is a Hotel Mozart Gallery with photos of the hotel and our room.

Do a search on this board as there is a ton of info on all kinds of hotels in both places that people have stayed in,going to stay in, liked etc. also check out TripAdvisor.com and Venere.com which having lisitngs by area and cost.

Man, if you can afford atleast 2 nites in Venice on your post-cruise that'll be better, there is sooo much to see and places to go. We spent 2 and wish we had time for more.

Stayed at the Hotel Monaco and Grand Canal right on the canal at the mouth of it, next door to Harry's Bar...1 1/2 blocks from San Marco...and across from Santa Maria Della Salute.Used to be Casanova's hang-out a few years ago.

If u want anymore info b happy to give it to u.

Cioa,

Check out the Best B&B in Rome in the Vatican area. Prices are very reasonable and the reviews on trip advisor are excellent. I have stayed at the Locanda Orseolo in Venice and will be staying at the Corte' Grimani in 2007. All three places I mentioned are worth a second look. I agree that you must spend more than one night in Venice. There's no place on earth quite like it.

http://www.bestbb.it/eng_servizi.htm

In Venice I use always hotels in Piazzale Roma area, more easy to acces from hotel to port or airport. My favorite is ANTICHE FIGURE, but try also SOFITEL (more expensive) or CARLTON GRAND CANAL. Last time i have stayed CA'DOGE in Piazzale Roma a very little hotel, only 6 rooms and that does not have elevator, but new, inexpensive and only 10 minutes on foot from de port and in front to airport bus stop. Next month we will stay at another little BB :CA SAN GIORGIO.

In Rome i suggest the hotels next Termini Station if use train from airport and to Civitavecchia. Don't use Colonna Palace hotel, a four star hotel, good location but horrible room and horrible staff.

We just stayed at the Nicolas Inn in Rome. It a very small B&B run by Melissa (from the US) who is married to an Italian-Francesco. They have just 4 rooms and the rooms are very nice, clean and we had a huge bathroom with a tub. My son and his friend had another room which was huge! and had a smaller bathroom with a shower. We walked to it from Termini and it was very easy to find. Melissa is so nice. Rome was our last stop in Europe before we flew home and it was nice to wind down with an American who was truly interested in how our trip was and how she could make our last day perfect. The rooms are one floor up and you are given a key to the courtyard door and hotel door so you can come and go as you please. M&F do not stay reside in the hotel at night but are back early in the morning to get your breakfast ready. Very pleasant and peacefull night. Air conditioning too! I have photos from our stay if you are interested.

I had researched it very carefully on tripadvisor and they have nothing but good reviews.

Hi cruisin' kayakers,

We have a reservation at the Nicolas Inn for November before our Golden Princess cruise that leaves from Rome and ends up in New Orleans. We are scheduled to be there for 5 nights. I would be interested in seeing and hearing more about your stay. Here is an email address I can be reached at.

wwinfl91@cruise-addicts.com

Thanks for any info you can relay to me.

Have a great next cruise.

We are also interested in staying at the Nicholas Inn after our cruise with the Emerald next Spring. How did you book your room with them? I've tried Veneer and other booking engines and was told there's no room available. Maybe this is still too early and their system is not quite set up. Would appreciate very much if I can get some advise from CC members out there. Thanks!

We are also interested in staying at the Nicholas Inn after our cruise with the Emerald next Spring. How did you book your room with them? I've tried Veneer and other booking engines and was told there's no room available. Maybe this is still too early and their system is not quite set up. Would appreciate very much if I can get some advise from CC members out there. Thanks!

Here is the website link from my bookmarks http://www.nicolasinn.com/index.asp

I have this hotel plus 10 others we are considering for next year.

Enjoy your cruise on the Emerald.

Julia

we stayed at the campo fiori in rome; awesome place, but only about 15 rooms or so; no elevator; but great rooftop garend with a view of rome;we had our vino there every night after a day of sightseeing; also, awesome neighborhood; market during the day and restaurant row at night; also, we could walk to everything from there; never used public transport or taxi once (except fromt the airport);

in venice, we have stayed at casa verardo; wonderful little hotel, on a canal and 5 min. walk to st. mark's; try to get a deal at both; another hotel i read about because other cruisers have gone in venice) is casa rezzonico; and thanks for all the other names, we need 2 nights in venice for next june with the spelendour cruise-

tahitisweetie

Archived