Any Elation cruisers with off the beaten path stories

linhak1

We are sailing on the Elation soon and would like to know if there were any cruisers who had gone off the beaten path and could suggest something different. Something other than the Carnival excursions.

Olivia and Joe

Not sure what ports you are going to but we were on the Elation last year(same time as Katrina hit) and we went to Progresso, Cozumel and Belize. I believe they changed the itinerary since we got of as they mentioned something on our cruise that it was dropping to a 5 day cruise due to the hurrincane and New Orleans was taking the Estacy for housing. In Progresso we did the bus tour ($2.00 per person) and then went to a free beach down the street. In Cozumel we went to Paradise Beach and in Belize we did the cave tubing excursion. We never book with the Carnival excursions as they are too expensive.

We are sailing on the Elation soon and would like to know if there were any cruisers who had gone off the beaten path and could suggest something different. Something other than the Carnival excursions.

Olivia and Joe

I would be interested in this also since we are cruising the Elation soon. When are you two crusing? :confused:

Hopefully, you will have a great time!!! We have actually been to San Juan and St. Thomas on a previous cruise, but there is always something new to see and do. If you decide to do an excursion in St. Thomas - try the BOB. It was absolutely our favorite and we did one every day on that particular cruise. It is an underwater one that lets you drive your own little motorized scooter. It was great! We didn't do a lot in San Juan since it was actually the port we were departing from and we had little time for much more than boarding before we sailed. Please let us know how your cruise goes. I have heard good and bad about the Elation and am very curious.:o

Joe and I are sailing on the Elation on September 3. We are going to the Bahamas, San Juan, St. Thomas and Grand Turk. Returns on the 10th. Could that be your travel time also????

We get on the day you all get off, so you better keep my room clean and bed warm!! I can't wait 51 days and counting down!

Why would you want your bed warm??? Surely you don't plan on sleeping??? You'll be having such a good time with all the things there are to do, your bed will be your last thought. Maybe a deck chair with a pillow.......and an umbrella drink....:p

Hey Dingo, I promise not to drink all the rum, tequilla and Corona and to not wear out the dance floor and not to wear out my poolside lounge chair!!!!

PS-- I found out GTY room already and I am thrilled! I promise to keep your bed warm for you!!

Later-

Joe and I are sailing on the Elation on September 3. We are going to the Bahamas, San Juan, St. Thomas and Grand Turk. Returns on the 10th. Could that be your travel time also????

We have already booked the Godfrey tour in St. Thomas. It seemed to have great reviews on here. We got and email confirmation the other day from Godfrey.

We are sailing on 9/3 from Cincinnati, Ohio.

We have already booked the Godfrey tour in St. Thomas. It seemed to have great reviews on here. We got and email confirmation the other day from Godfrey.

We are sailing on 9/3 from Cincinnati, Ohio.

We are doing Godfrey's tour as well. I sure hope this tour is as great as his reviews. This will be my first time using him but like my 10th time to St. Thomas.

See you all in Miami.

Dingo- What is National Send a dog to sea day? It doesn't sound to humane. LOL:confused:

Archived