Are shops open at 6am in G Cayman?

Middleager

Our ship Carnival Miracle arrives Cayman at 7am EDT or 6am local time. It's a short tender, so many people will be on shore few minutes after 6am. Are the shops open that early in Georgetown? Or are people getting off tenders early going to see a ghost town?:D

As I recall from both cruise and land vacations there, the stores in Georgetown generally do not open before 8:30 and I believe it is later (maybe about 9 a.m.) on Saturdays. Then they stay open til 5. I don't recall them being open on Sundays at all.

I called Carnival the other day about this...

They said that the Miracle was in GC from 7-4 LOCAL time... Meaning 8-5 ship time...

Beth:cool:

Actually it's 7-4 ship time or 6-3 local time, last tender 2pm local time.

Grand Cayman is in the eastern time zone, but they do not have daylight saving's time, so... in the summer the time zone seems like central time zone, but in the winter when daylight saving's time is not in effect here in the US, GC is the same at the Eastern time zone in the US. I have a cruise booked in November and was a little confused. So it depends when you are cruising and where your departure port is as to if ship time and local time are the same.

Our Miracle sailing is on Aug. 27. During the summer months, Miracle goes to G Cayman on Tuesdays, 7am-4pm ship time (Tampa time, EDT), which is 6am-3pm local time (EST). The last tender is 2pm EST. So it gets to the island very early and leaves early.

The 6am arrival time in Cayman (and also Belize) seems so early. That's why I wonder if people don't have excursion booked, would they find shops open at that early hour.

I was also wondering this.. we are going for the first tender (7 a.m.) and are hoping to get to the island about 7:30 (is that about right?) and have to meet our tour group at 8:45 (ship time).. will there be anything to do for an hour?

Our ship Carnival Miracle arrives Cayman at 7am EDT or 6am local time. It's a short tender, so many people will be on shore few minutes after 6am. Are the shops open that early in Georgetown? Or are people getting off tenders early going to see a ghost town?:D

Ok, either I'm reading these wrong, the times changes every day or someone somewhere is confused.

My arrival time is 7am, departure 4pm. That means 6am-3pm local? Last tender at 2pm? Why does Captain Bryan (which I reserved) book 10:30-1:30pm and advertise tours are worked around cruise ship schedules? I assume they list local times. How in the world am I supposed to make the last tender if the tour doesn't even finish until 1/2 hour before last tender? They certainly won't get repeat business if they cause their customers to miss their ship. Something has to be off somewhere with these posts re times.

Where are you departing from and when are you going? When you "fall back" GC time is the same as EST, when you "spring forward" GC does not change its time. So, for instance, if you are going to be there Dec. 20th, and you are leaving from Florida, ship time and GC time will be the same. If you are there from Galveston, ship time is CST and GC is EST. Very confusing, I know.. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around it.

My arrival time is 7am, departure 4pm. That means 6am-3pm local? Last tender at 2pm? Why does Captain Bryan (which I reserved) book 10:30-1:30pm and advertise tours are worked around cruise ship schedules? I assume they list local times. How in the world am I supposed to make the last tender if the tour doesn't even finish until 1/2 hour before last tender? They certainly won't get repeat business if they cause their customers to miss their ship. Something has to be off somewhere with these posts re times.

They list local times. Most operators say their schedule fits cruise schedules, but some of the tours won't fit some cruises.

For this one you booked, if they drop you off near the cruise terminal, it'll take a few minutes to walk. If that is uncomfortable, there are other operators and other times.

Ok, either I'm reading these wrong, the times changes every day or someone somewhere is confused.

I am also on this tour. If you note on the website the summer time for this tour is listed from 10AM-1PM to accommodate the Miracle and other early departing ships. Not 10:30-1:30.

I am also on this tour. If you note on the website the summer time for this tour is listed from 10AM-1PM to accommodate the Miracle and other early departing ships. Not 10:30-1:30.

I hadn't looked at my confirmation in a while. I'll take an extra half hour after the tour. Look forward to seeing you. I'm taking my 16 year old son, on his request, although he has never snorkeled. Also taking my boyfriend who is pretty leery about the whole thing. If our ship leaves at 3pm CG time (ship time states 4pm), we should be okay to make the tender.

Archived