Shopping question

texasgirl

St M used to be a great place for booze shopping. There was a store on Front St (maybe) that took cash only but had great deals. Does this ring a bell for anyone. Also need to check that the Jimmy Buffet store is still kind of across the street from the Guavaberry Emporium. They were doing a lot of renovation to the downtown area last time I was there so it's definitely been a few years. We're fixing that in a few weeks though!

TexasGirl,

We were in SXM twice last year and the Jimmy Buffet store was open. a cannot wait. The new boardwork is 3/4 complete and Front street is repaved with cobblestones. Traffic is now restricted. Enjoy!!!

Lance1224:)

Last year I found a small liquor/cigar/souvenier shop between Front Street and the flea market in the center of town. I was called "something 2" and I felt his prices were very good, no hassel about charging or charging you for the box that the liquor/jeweler on Front street did. His cigarette prices were good as well and he had a nice selection. If you want French or Martinique products you should try the big supermarket in Marigot going towards Grand Case. It's worth buying all you can carry as they rarely ask you to pay duty and if you have to it's about $2 a bottle.

Archived