Has anyone ever done this??

wishingtocruise

• 2 weeks later...

We took the bus tour to Dunn River Falls that went to another place first and had a 1/2 hour shopping thown in!! Now we know that we should have taken the one you are looking at!

The falls empties into the bay...so you cruise over...climb the falls from the beach...then walk down the trail to the beach and get back on the boat!

So why is this way better? You don't have to bounce around in a 9 passenger van that I swear hits every pot hole in the road! (Next to drugs, I think making 'pot holes' is Jamaica's second largest industry!!:eek: ) You don't have to walk all the way down to the beach, then climb back up the falls, then fight your way through the "village" of aggressive kitch sellers, to get back on the "bus" to let them take another crack at shaking your molars loose!!

Dunn River Falls is marvelous...getting there by boat is way better!

Don't forget the rubber shoes. They cost $20 on the ship and trust me they are worth every penny. Climbing the Falls is not quite as easy as they say and can be downright dangerous if you do not use the rubber shoes and do what the guides tell you. I saw three ambulances packing people away while Deb was climbing the Falls and we saw one headed to the park with it siren on during the ride back to the pier!:eek:

All that said, Dunn River Falls was one of the best parts of our entire cruise!

Tom & Deb

Archived