What really caused the Crown to do that?

Chip AZ

Did the ship's auto pilot just command a hard turn at speed? Would this cause the same effect as cranking the steering wheel of a car going down the the Interstate? We all remember the Titanic using the maximum rudder to avoid the iceberg with little effect, but that was 1912 technology.

Wouldn't the ship spin out, I don't know enough, but I have heard that in WWII that happened. When ships turned violently trying to avoid attack.

Was this a software glitch? It obviously happened without warning. Are the autopilots that susceptible on ships to do that.

We will have to wait months for the powers that be to tell us what really happened, but some must have an educated idea.

There have already been lots of "educated ideas/quessing" but if you weren't there or haven't been able to see the data from the ship when it happened (and be able to understand it all) then speculating is all it is.

Just my opinion (which isn't much!)

There have already been lots of "educated ideas/quessing" but if you weren't there or haven't been able to see the data from the ship when it happened (and be able to understand it all) then speculating is all it is.

Just my opinion (which isn't much!)

sounds like my answer... maybe it happens every time a turn is ordered when the captain is not standing at a specific point(not likely)...we MAY know soon or it may take months to figuire out. The NTSB and the Marine Branch are known for thorough and mostly fair investigations( Airline Pilots and some people hurt at Railroad crossings think they are unfair on finding pilot error and driver fault)...

Archived