Hats

meshelles

I have very fair skin, which I try to take really good care of, including good sun protection. To keep the sun off my face I like to wear a hat, but when traveling they are difficult to pack. What kind do ya'll wear, and are there any that are more packable than others?

The one I have is a soft, woven, somewhat stretchy sun hat that with pack well. It's soft so therefore it is collapsable. It is not completely foldable because there is wire around the rim to keep it's shape. I actually don't usually wear hats because they just blow off my head, but I bought this one because it is stretchy and form fits to my head.

I am not fair skinned, but when the sun is directly overhead and it tends to give me a headache. I found this one at DSW. I will have to look to see who made it, if you would like.

For our upcoming cruise I purchased a staw hat from Wal-Mart I was going to take it back but my dh said I looked cute in it, so I keeped it I will have to carry it on the plane as it can't be packed. I also got me a beige visor.

Christine

I like the packable and crushable hats....

TravelSmith has some inexpensive basic ones.

To go up to a "better" hat, try the Helen Kaminski hats. Lots of great style and totally crushable!

Jane

I have a whole collection of Kaminski hats. They are substantial and crushable. If you really mush them, bring a spray bottle with some water, and work them back into shape. They aren't cheap, but worth every penny!!

T

Archived