Reserve Excursion with On Board Credit

82Strat

Hello everyone. We're getting close (Aug 6th) and I'm looking for a few add'l answers...

I have $200 pp On Board Credit (because I didn't want an upgraded room) and I'd like to use it to purchase a snorkeling excursion. However, I'm told I can't use the OBC until I get on the ship and can't even reserve the excursion now with Visa and transfer the payment later to my S&S card where the OBC will pay for it. This, I do not understand.

If I wait until I board, then I can use the OBC for the excursion. Problem is, it is a pretty popular excursion (Captain Nautica our of St. Thomas) and I'm afraid it might sell out before we even get on the ship.

Does anyone know if Captain Nautica out of St. Thomas normally fills up and, if I have to wait until I get on the ship, how soon and where can I register for the excursion?

Thanks again for everything!!!!!:D :D :D

Strat

They do save spots for folks who cannot book their excursions ahead of time.

I would suggest going straight to the excursion desk when you get there and booking it then.

Good luck and happy sailing!

PS...depending on the ship, you can also book excursions from your room using your television (FUN VISION). No standing in line, just point and click.

They do save spots for folks who cannot book their excursions ahead of time.

A representative from Carnival told me the same - I decided to book an excursion online, but when I went back to the website to book it, it was no longer there. I called and the rep told me the spaces available for online booking were sold out, but that a number of spaces on each excursion (she could not tell me how many) are held for people who cannot book online. She recommended booking as soon as I board the ship (either at the Shore Excursions desk or also available on the television on some ships).

Have a great cruise!:)

Archived