Westin Bayshore Vancouver

stjohnrocks

Does anyone know how far in advance to book if using Starwood points? We are going on a cruise next May. I've never used Starwood points before. It looks like an airline mile is only worth 1/3 of that in the Starwood program. I'm afraid to try Priceline because I really want the Bayshore. Thanks.

Have you tried yet?

Generally you can book a year out, so give it a try if you have not already done so. Or call the hotel directly and inquire about the first available date for a booking with points. I called our Vancouver hotel a couple of months ago and it only cost 7 cents a minute.

If you have not stayed there before it is a lovely property very close to Stanley Park.

Enjoy your stay.

I called and she said they didn't have rates/availability in their computers yet. I thought it was a little strange so I posted the question. It is 10 mos. away. I don't want to dump Amex miles into my Starwood unless I'm sure I can get it! I'll just have to call again in a few weeks I guess. Thanks for your reply

I booked the Westin in Vancouver last October via Priceline for reservations this past May (prior to our Alaska cruise). I asked for a 4-5 star hotel, and ended up with the Westin Bayshore for $79 per night! This hotel was in an ideal location, within walking distance to most everything. It is also within walking distance to the cruiseport, but with all our luggage to tow, we used the hotel's shuttle. If we are lucky enough to go on an Alaskan cruise again, I would definitely want to stay at the motel.

Archived