Help Need Advice

Hi Everyone I Just Want To Say Thanks For In Advance... Anyway We Have Friends That Want To Cruise With Us Next Year.. Ok Well They Will Not Fly To Fl .. So We Are Limited To Ny We Love Carnival And They Only Have Heard That It Is A "motel 6" Type Of Cruise Ship. I Assured Them That Its Is A Nice And Fun Place We Want To Cruise In Sept Of 07 I Would Like To Go On The Legend. They Want To Go On Rccl To Berumda ... Help Advice On How We Can Convice To Go ... With Us ... Anyone Else Like To Join Us Let Me Know If We Get Enough Maybe A Group Rate We Can Get... Thanks

Steph And Jim

We just returned from a cruise aboard the Fantasy. There were nineteen in my group, most of whom had cruised before. My in-laws, who have done quite a bit of "high end" cruising said they were pleasantly surprised with the cruise and it far exceeded anything they expected from Carnival. If having fabulously comfortable beds, wonderful service, and loads of fun is what your friends would consider Motel 6 quality, I'll stop staying at the Westin and start staying at a Motel 6!

Okay, am I getting this right... you were planning a cruise, and now your friends want to go... but now they are calling the shots??? So now you are having to give into only cruising from NY because they won't fly, and now they won't even cruise on the ship you want to cruise on?? Did you say these were FRIENDS??? LOL. Pick the ship you want to go on, if they want to go, they can go... if they don't, well... you guys can have a nice week together on your own :D:D

Just FYI, you can only promote a cruise critic group, not one you would do on your own... if you are interested in setting one up, you can read all the info on the "how to be a group leader" article. Unless you do this, you cannot ask if people would like to join you on a group :( Sorry...

They Really Arent Like Stuck Up.. They Just Want To Make Sure They Are Getting A Good Vaction... But All The People That Say Rccl Is Better Than Carinval Are Miss Informed. I Cruised Booth And They Booth Are Have Their Good Points And Bad. I Jsut Like The Atmosphere That Carinval Has To Offer... And The Lazy Days In The Sun Drinking Those Great Frozen Drinks... Lol Ok I Need A Vaction... Bring Me A Drink Jim

Steph

You might tell your friends that most folks who put Carnival down have NEVER cruised on Carnival ships. Thousands and thousands each year have fantastic cruises on Carnival ships....and are usually repeat customers. Carnival must be doing something right, and they ARE the world's leading cruiseline, y'know.;)

If I was talking with a "FRIEND" and told them Carnival was fine and lots of fun. And they told me that they heard otherwise and chose to believe that instead of me, their "FRIEND" who had actually cruised Carnival. Well I wouldn't worry about cruising with them.

Are they posting on the RCL board asking how to convince their Carnival loving friend to take RCL???????????????????????

With friends like them, who needs enemas?

p.s. I have spulchek.

And I'm not that tough on people, but it is another way to look at the situation.

Dan

No Motel 6 type cruise. Actually the cabins are larger than most on RCL. :rolleyes: The Legend cruise would be a whole lot more fun than RCL. I say....go where & on what ship you want & leave the boring friends at home.

Legend has a cruise to Bermuda in April 07. You get Carnival, they get Bermuda. The eight-day we did to the Eastern Caribbean was a truly relaxing vacation - we liked having two sea days out and two sea days return. Legend's a great ship, and while I thought some of the decor was over the top, there's no way I'd compare it to Motel 6.

I would just tell them that you like Carnival and would be happy to have them crusie with you.

But...if you work to hard to convince them and if you want too badly for them to like Carnival too, then it is asking for trouble. From that point on, anything that goes wrong becomes your fault and you will probably feel responsible.

Or you could just go on Royal Caribbean...what would it hurt?

It would probably be just fine.

I guess that some of us walk to the beat of a different drummer. DW and I always book our cruise and THEN invite our friends to join us. Those that want to do and those that don't, don't. No discussions and no argueing.:) :)

Archived