Bottle Sterilizing?

daddy03

Thanks for the advise on bottle warming. Any idea if the steward is capable of sterilizing bottles? We have a microwave sterlizer but not sure if they will be able to use it for us or not.

Any experiences?

I loved using the Playtex Drop-ins. (The Dr. Brown's were too much work.)The drop-ins worked great for us on vacation and I just washed the nipples in the sink with a little dish detergent. You didn't ask this, but.... Unless your baby has a problem with his or her immune system, I won't worry about sterilizing the bottles. My appologizes for giving the unsolicited advise.

I really dont think this will be possible. I am not sure if there is a microwave anywhere near the cabins that the room steward can use. Also, your steward doesnt work the entire day... you may call and get someone who is covering that time slot and may not know what you need or what arrangements you have made with your own steward. If you really need the bottles sterilized... I would go with an electric model.... or go with the disposable option. It can get a bit more costly...but there are completly disposable bottles... nipples and all that are available.

I agree with the pp, you don't need to steralize bottles anymore unless the baby does have a compromised immune system. And for ease of use, I use the Platex systems. For me, they are the best to use when traveling. I carry a little bottle of dish detergent with me to wash the bottle and nipples in the sink (making sure never to touch the actual sink, just the water)...then I drop in a fresh liner.

You can go with the playtex ones- that would be the easiest :)

When we sailed in May, with our then 11mth old I just brought a small bottle of dish soap and a bottle brush in a ziplock bag and used them (my daughter uses the Avent bottles) and I made up a contraption to use to dry the bottles (the bathrooms don't have alot of counter space to be drying and storing the bottles on) I took a small laundry bag- the kind that you use to wash baby socks or small items in in the washer and sewed a suction cup onto it. Then I just stuck it to the mirror in the bathroom over the sink, the bottles had somewhere to dry and we didn't have the bottles, nipples, caps etc. all over the cabin.

Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, Greenjello, that is a brilliant idea! I travelled for 4 months with a 1 year old and never thought of it, but I'm definitely going to use your idea on our upcoming cruise with my 7 month old.

Just a reminder on carrying dishsoap - up until now, I've always carried a small bottle in my diaper bag for washing things on the run, but will have to pack it this time because of airline security.

up until now, I've always carried a small bottle in my diaper bag for washing things on the run, but will have to pack it this time because of airline security.

You might use the disposable dishclothes if they are still availabe. All you have to do is wet them and they lather up ,they already have the soap in them.

Archived