It's 4pm ET and RCCL ship to Miami

This is the second time they've gone to Miami as a Port of Call (we were the first on July 9th). The beginning of the season they were going to Freeport, but RCI didn't get their pier reservation in soon enogh, and lost the slot for the rest of the summer (this is the rumor I heard.)

So now they go to Miami instead of the Bahamas (for the rest of the season), and having a hard time getting there by 1PM on Sunday (after leaving Baltimore at 4PM on Friday.) We had problems with strong current in the Atlantic (so our Captain told us,) and looks like the problem again this week.

Those poor ladies at Guest Relations were probably getting another earful from angry passengers again today. Hopefully they had some around to cheer them up though....(We tried!) I particully liked the lady that went up there screaming at 3:30PM, because she'd JUST heard we were going to Miami and not Freeport, and she wanted reimbursed for missing that port (they changed the port in February!) If you want to be entertained on days like this on a cruise ship, just grab a chair close to the desk, and watch the mean people come out:mad: !

Take Care!

Jaime

I was at the pier this am watching the three ships come in.. and I live in view of the dock and saw it come in.

WOW! It must be great to see this as most of us are stuck watching the cam camera. It is a beautiful area!:D

What is the link to view this?

I am sure someone will provide the direct link, but I just put "Port of Miami cam" in a search engine. You can also access it in cruisecal.com and look for the icon for cruise ports. :D

Archived