"Night Before" Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale

Abavus

We stayed at the Sheraton, it was vice nice. We had one of their drivers take us to port and it was around 12.00 or less. You can grab a taxi to the airport after your cruise. The Sheaton has a lovely pool. The prices on food and drink are high but they have menus at the front desk for ordering from outside. We had pizza delivered right to the pool. The bedding is wonderful! :)

Hampton Inn was nice and affordable. They provide complimentary transportation from the airport and to the port the next morning. They also recommended a nice restaurant and gave us a ride there, also. Sorry, can't remember the name of the restaurant. Also within walking distance of a grocery store (right across a side street) where you can pick up wine or whatever to take on board!

Spo,

Was this the one in Plantation? The only reason I ask is b/c Plantation has a mall right next door and a Target right behind the hotel.

Vicki

I have a question for some of you ft lauderdale experts...

I'm trying to decide bet/ a few hotels that are all offering a great price for our pre cruise stay, Oct 8. I would love some honest opinions, which I know you guys have no trouble giving.

I found the Ft Lauderdale Grande on travelzoo for $69. I don't think they offer any complimentary transfers.

The Sheraton Airport is $79 (on travelzoo) and they offer a shuttle from/to airport only.

I have booked a reservation with the Sleep Inn for $71 (which can be cancelled). They apparently offer transport TO airport (which we won't need) and transport to port. The Grande does have comp transportation to the port.

It seems like with all of these hotels, we will have to pay for at least one taxi ride. I'm just wondering, which do you think would be the best deal? The Tripadvisor reviews seem to be about equal.

I guess what I'm asking is, which would give us the most bang for our buck?

Thanks for any input. I am also open to any suggestions of other hotels in this price range.

Tanya

I just made resv at the Grande because I just found out about the Sleep Inn not having a/p pick-up transportation. Since I now will have to pay for a taxi to get to the hotel, might as well be closer than Dania, FL. There is a airport shared ride service that cost $18 for 2 from FLL to the Grande. Anybody know what the cost of a true taxicab is from FLL to 17th street hotels ?? The Grande does have transportation to the dock which helps

4*Renaissance Marroitt Down Town FLL Oct 21 -23 - $62.00 per nite

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Priceline todat

Got this on my First and only bid as a *3 star at $62.00 per night . BFT has it listed as *4-- Was Surprised to get a *4

Glad to get this at the price. Will be staying for a 2 night precruise. Have stayed at Amerisuites up the street before and like this location on 17th Street-

This seems to be a real good and nicer hotel --It is a Marroitt Renaissance .

$62 @2 nites plus $23.01, Taxes fees = $147.01 Total

Originally Posted by EKELLEY

What area & how many stars did you submit to Priceline to get the Renaissance

I bid a *3 Downtown FLL as a starting bid of $62.00 which was acepted and upgraded to the a *4 and was awarded the *4 Marriott Renaissance -

Sometimes priceline with upgarde the star rating from an inventory of rooms a certain hotels at certains of the year.

Not sure where you got your shuttle info re: Sleep Inn, but I just got off the phone with them and they confirmed they DO provide service from the airport and to the cruise port. Just an FYI ;)

A~

Well now that's interesting. I just booked the Grande because Sleep Inn supposingly didn't pick up at the a/p. Not that I doubt you, but who did you speak to at Sleep Inn ??? Now I don't know what to do. The Grande has the great location and transport to the cruise port & Sleep Inn now supposingly has transportation both ways. I can't believe I am so concerned about a darn van ride. What would everyone else do ?????

What would everyone else do ?????

I'd skip the shuttle and grab a taxicab. Stay wherever I want to, leave when I want, no lines, no crowded van. The free shuttles are usually more of a hassle then their worth. (in my humble opinion) ;)

Well now that's interesting. I just booked the Grande because Sleep Inn supposingly didn't pick up at the a/p. Not that I doubt you, but who did you speak to at Sleep Inn ??? Now I don't know what to do. The Grande has the great location and transport to the cruise port & Sleep Inn now supposingly has transportation both ways. I can't believe I am so concerned about a darn van ride. What would everyone else do ?????

Honestly, is the shuttle really worth making the final decision? As for who, I didn't get his name as I didn't think to, but I called 954-874-1800 direct and that is what I was told. He confirmed shuttle service is provided from airport and to cruise port.

Give them a call and see if you get the same response... maybe they are more consistant in their responses than some of the cruise lines we deal with ;)

A~

Dcruisers- I just stayed at Amersuites on 7/28 for a pre-cruise 1 night stay which I booked for $69 on Valutrips. I also read some critical reviews after I booked and wondered if I'd made a mistake,but everything about it was good and great value for the price.

They picked us up at the airport a few minutes after we called,in a small bus. The driver was friendly and welcoming. Front desk staff was also nice and helpful.

Our room had two beds,a sofa and two armchairs,kitchenette with microwave and fridge and a large bathroom and vanity area. Everything was clean and in good condition. The bathtub had lots of flaked off area but since I only shower that didn't concern me.

The location is away from the beach and would be a LONG walk if that's what you need,but there is a free Sun Trolley service - you can HOHO that stops across from the hotel and they give you a nice tour into town and to the beach.

We ate at the Outback restaurant which is two doors away,no problems there.

For last minute shopping you can walk out the back of the hotel,across a parking lot and catacorner to the Publix supermarket and there's a liquor store on the same strip that we went to,which had very good prices.

In the am we went down to the buffet hoping to smell bacon but it consisted of Waffles which you make yourself/bagels/sweet rolls/cereals and coffee.... still excellent value for the price we paid.

There is a pool at the hotel,small,clean,with towels provided. There were never more than a few people in it although it was very hot that day.

Considering they picked up three of us,accomodated and fed us and transported us to the pier I feel they gave excellent service for the money . I hope this reassures you.:)

• 4 years later...

Archived