SUN at sea

suexxx

Hi cruise family. Pacific Sun's cruise cam is up and running. Will be able to see her dock on Tues and depart. Wonder what was done to her? To those leaving on Tues have a great cruise and look forward to your photos and reviews. See if you can find out what was done and let us know. Suexxx:)

Hi Sue.

Yes, I see the Sun on her way to Sydney. I'll be on her on 17 Sept N628. I was on her last year as well. I'm looking forward to the trip.:)

Friends of mine have just come off the Pacific Star in Auckland last Saturday and they had a ball. They said the crew were excellent and the ship was great. I have yet to sail on her. I'm pleased they enjoyed the cruise because it was me that recommended they go on one. I think they are hooked on them now, as they are talking about taking another one next year.;)

Regards

Rolls

2002 Pacific Sky (September from Sydney)

2003 Pacific Sky (September from Sydney)

2004 Pacific Sky (August from Auckland)

2005 Pacific Sun (September from Sydney)

2006 Pacific Sun (September from Sydney) N628

Hi Rolls. Can you give us any insight on what is good to do on sea days and for that matter all days when on the SUN. As you have been on her maybe you can see what they did at drydock and tell us when you get back. Have you deck and cabin no yet? Are you a lone traveller or going with others? Have you chosen any tours? If so do you do them through P&O or privately? Suexxx

Hi again Sue.

With regards to what is there to do on "at sea" days, the crew each day have a number of activities planned. These are advertised in the daily paper which you recieve each evening in your cabin, and on the morning TV show. There are things like dance classes, Trivial Pursuit, T-shirt painting, card playing, taken part in one of the night shows and many other things. Of course if may just want to go on deck and read a book and do nothing, that's fine. I must admit, I enjoy reading a good book on deck and watching the world go by. It's very relaxing.

I will be looking out for any change to the ship on board and will inform you of any.

I have asked for a twin cabin on the Main Deck, but have not been advised which one. Other than 2002, I have been upgraded each time I have cruised on P&O. I normally travel with three to four others, however this time I am on my own, so it will be a new experience for me.

As I have been to all but 1 place before, "Hienghene", I have done tours of the other places in the past. I enjoy half day tours, then you have the other half of the day to do your own thing. I booked most of the tours through the ship's tour desk. Sometimes we would get a local taxi to take us around for an hour or so, just to have a locals tour. These don't cost much at all.

Anyway, all the best and I'm looking forward to my trip and the warmer weather.:)

Regards

Rolls

Archived