Crown August 16 - Children's Programs

teaser

Just wondering if anyone can comment on the children's programs aboard Princess cruises. We will be sailing on 8/16 on the Crown with my 2 boys, ages 6 and 10. For a point of reference we have sailed several times on Carnival and I have had trouble getting my kids to spend time with us because they were having way too much fun in the Carnival "camp" programs.

Any information would be appreciated and please let me know if your children enjoyed the programs.

Thanks in advance!

We just completed our sailing on the Crown. My daughter (8) could not get enough of the kid's camp. 9-12, 2-5, 7-10. We finally convinced her on one of the days to stay with us for at least a couple of extra hours. She really enjoyed it. They have a program where 8 children can take a tour of the Galley and bake a cake with the Head Pastry Chef. If you oldest one is interested, have them sign up on the first day. We were on a wait list, but she ended up being chosen. It was a great experience for her.

Dear Teaser,

As a past passenger, my husband and I were invited on the Crown for lunch on June 23rd. We visited the children's play area. The area is lovely and we looked at a schedule of activities which looked great.

Enjoy your cruise. We are sailing on that date, as well.

Irene

Wow, I am so glad I read this! Steven is now salivating over the thought of a galley tour! (He's wanted to be a chef since he was two). He is dancing around the living room right now cause he gets to see the galley!

They have a program where 8 children can take a tour of the Galley and bake a cake with the Head Pastry Chef. If you oldest one is interested, have them sign up on the first day. We were on a wait list, but she ended up being chosen. It was a great experience for her.

OMG! I just told my DD (she's 11) about this, and she's soooo excited! :D What a great program to offer the kids.

Can you sign up for it the first night when you go to registration?

Thanks so much for mentioning it!

Jayne

:)

Hi Teaser

Check out our roll call (link above) I posted a list from the kids patters.

My son is almost 7 (birthday while we are on board) He is a veteran cruiser and he LOVES the kids programs on board.

Let me know if your boys want to email with him before we go.

hey. my name is jennie. i was on the crown princess from july 2-11. it was the best experience ever! the cruise staff was awesome and everything was perfect! my little sister, courtney, was in the 8-12 year old program. she absolutely loved it!!!! she made a bunch of friends and my mom signed a thing saying that she could leave when she wanted so she loved it. the program goes from 9-12, 2-5, and 7-10. she would go anytime and leave if she wanted, but of course you could just say that you would pick your children up. it was a great thing to have on the ship to keep your children entertained.

well i hope you have a great cruise and enjoy it as much as i did!

-jennie

p.s. make sure you try the cookies at the internation cafe. they are amazing!!!:)

hey. my name is jennie. i was on the crown princess from july 2-11. it was the best experience ever! the cruise staff was awesome and everything was perfect! my little sister, courtney, was in the 8-12 year old program. she absolutely loved it!!!! she made a bunch of friends and my mom signed a thing saying that she could leave when she wanted so she loved it. the program goes from 9-12, 2-5, and 7-10. she would go anytime and leave if she wanted, but of course you could just say that you would pick your children up. it was a great thing to have on the ship to keep your children entertained.

well i hope you have a great cruise and enjoy it as much as i did!

-jennie

p.s. make sure you try the cookies at the internation cafe. they are amazing!!!:)

We just completed our sailing on the Crown. My daughter (8) could not get enough of the kid's camp. 9-12, 2-5, 7-10. We finally convinced her on one of the days to stay with us for at least a couple of extra hours. She really enjoyed it. They have a program where 8 children can take a tour of the Galley and bake a cake with the Head Pastry Chef. If you oldest one is interested, have them sign up on the first day. We were on a wait list, but she ended up being chosen. It was a great experience for her.

Hey Lovn2liv~Can you clarify the age groups? We have 4 children traveling together and are hoping and praying that they will be paired together! Thanks!

Archived