Just back from Navigator 7/15 cruise

This was my first cruise and I want to thank everyone for their helpful information leading up to the cruise. We had a ball everything was great. I had fears about the food.... it was good. I had fears about the bedding... it was good( no bed bugs). We had such a good time that we are trying to book another cruise for next summer. Chops was excellent!! The only complaint that I had with the whole week was with the airlines and not RCCL. I can't wait to go on another cruise!!!

My DW and I are really looking forward to sailing on the Navigator next fall, doing a westbound transatlantic cruise. It will be our first experience on an Explorer class ship. We are questioning the size.......we love smaller ships, and the largest RCCL ship we have been on is the Jewel of the Seas, and we loved her.

We have cruised on the Golden Princess, and pretty much said that would be the last mega ship we would sail on, but then there was a different feel for us on Princess.

Rick

Glad you had a great cruise. We were on her last month, the Western itenerary, and she is a great ship. I really had no complaints at all except the cruise not being long enough ;) . I'm really surprized to read some of the mild and bad reviews from last month in the review section, I didn't, and still haven't, had any complaints about the Royal Caribbean in my 6 cruises with them, thats pretty good!

Had a great trip, too on the June 17 Eastern cruise on the Navigator. The food was great, the shows were outstanding, NO bedbugs, if fact it's rare if you even see a fly on the ship. We had a bit of rain but it really didn't put a damper on things because there's just so much other stuff to do. The only problem we had was also with the airline on our flight home (Delta).

We were on the Eastern Caribbean. We took someone's advice and booked a tour with a lady named Joyce in St. Marteen and it was the best tour. She took us where ever we wabted to go and it only cost us $70 per couple. We only used three hours and my wife wnated to shop she took us wherever we wanted to go and she waited for us. When we were finished the tour she gave us a place to shop and my wife got a great deal ona pair of 2 ct. earrings. They were replacing the bedding in some of the ports. When we were getting off the ship they were doing our room so we missed the new bedding. We were 7th floor balcony. I have read posters saying they didn't have a good time but I can't understand why. I always had a show to go to or something to do. My wife and I travel every year and this was the second best vacation we had. It was only second to Sandals. That was because the drinks were included in Sandals. I get bored very easy on vacations and I was never bored on the ship or in port. My wife just emailed me from work and she is booking a trip for the summer of 2008 on Freedom.

We were on the Eastern Caribbean. We took someone's advice and booked a tour with a lady named Joyce in St. Marteen and it was the best tour. She took us where ever we wabted to go and it only cost us $70 per couple. We only used three hours and my wife wnated to shop she took us wherever we wanted to go and she waited for us. When we were finished the tour she gave us a place to shop and my wife got a great deal ona pair of 2 ct. earrings. They were replacing the bedding in some of the ports. When we were getting off the ship they were doing our room so we missed the new bedding. We were 7th floor balcony. I have read posters saying they didn't have a good time but I can't understand why. I always had a show to go to or something to do. My wife and I travel every year and this was the second best vacation we had. It was only second to Sandals. That was because the drinks were included in Sandals. I get bored very easy on vacations and I was never bored on the ship or in port. My wife just emailed me from work and she is booking a trip for the summer of 2008 on Freedom.

We are sailing NOS this Saturday and it will also be our first cruise. We are getting sooooo excited!!! We are on the 9th deck balcony and maybe we will have the new bedding? Regardless we are going to enjoy ourselves. We are also taking the eastern cruise. Looking forward to our "first" cruise experience and looking to also get "hooked"! Glad you had a great time. It is exciting to read posts like yours.

Did you go over to St. John while at St. Thomas? If so, how much time did you plan so you were able to get back to the ship on time? We are doing this on our own and we want to make sure we get back to the ship on time.

We are starting to pack our clothes. Want to ask if anyone out there uses the zip lock bags to pack their clothes in? Does it really help keep the clothes from getting wrinkled? How do you fold them to put into these bags? Please advise asap so I can decide to do this or not???

Thanks in advance for any advice!

No, we didn't get to go to St. John. My wife wanted to shop for half the day and we went to the beach the remaining time. You should have plenty of time to get back to the ship. My wife put all of her stuff in zip lock bags and I did not. It didn't seem to matter everyone was having a good time and nobody cared how wrinkled someone else's clothes were. I am sure you will love the ship!!! They were putting new bedding on the 7th floor balconies when we left and they said they were starting to do all the balconies so maybe you will have new bedding on your trip.

We got off the Navigator on July 1, had a 9th fl. balcony, but no new bedding. Friends on the 10th fl did, tho, so maybe by now...

What a great ship...you'll love it.

Bring extra wire hangers and hang up your stuff when you get there. Wrinkle release does work great, also.

Archived