Some positive Crown discussion

Jaggie

Hey all, first real thread on here. Fairly seasoned cruiser and have been on six Princess cruises before. I'm booked for next week's (7/29) Crown sailing out of New York and I, for one, am terribly excited for the trip. I understand how upsetting the listing was for people but I trust the NTSB, Coast Guard, British Flag and Princess/Carnival themselves to make sure the ship is safe.

That said, my real question is this: I was on the Carribbean Princess last year and they had a smaller pool in the back restricted to adults only. I loved this area not only for its quiet surroundings but because of the nice shade coming from the Skywalkers club above us. Now, as I understand it, the Crown Princess is redesigned so that Skywalkers is not in the same place and therefore this area, I worry, does not have the same shade. Is this true? I realize the Crown now has the Sanctuary, but I personally liked this pool area towards the back of the ship. Anyone know?

Btw, if you read this, funny seeing you on this forum, sppunk.

I never spent any time at that pool, but the few times I walked by there seemed to be some shade. Maybe not on the deck around the pool, but there are loungers on the next two decks up as well, which I believe have more shade. I could be wrong...but that's what I'm thinking! There aren't a whole lot of chairs, but it is definitely a nice area back there.

One of the main reasons for moving Skywalkers was to open up the aft pool area and give it more sun. A few may have liked the shade, but it was under utilized because it didn't get enough sun. The aft decks on the Crown are stunning from the outdoor patio outside Sabatinis down to the pool area.

One of the main reasons for moving Skywalkers was to open up the aft pool area and give it more sun. A few may have liked the shade, but it was under utilized because it didn't get enough sun. The aft decks on the Crown are stunning from the outdoor patio outside Sabatinis down to the pool area.

I can deal with sun, I suppose, as long as it doesn't draw a huge crowd to the area. I just loved falling asleep looking out at the long wake trailing us in the water.

I can deal with sun, I suppose, as long as it doesn't draw a huge crowd to the area. I just loved falling asleep looking out at the long wake trailing us in the water.

I recall seeing pictures of this area and it still has some shade. I think that there is more seating now at this pool on the Crown. I was on the Caribbean Princess in May and we also sat in this area, partly because my husband was so burnt up, we needed shade! Enjoy your trip.

By the way...THANKS THANKS THANKS on the positive Crown discussion. I had family on that boat and I too feel for those aboard.

I was on the fated 7-11 sailing of the Crown. My experiences with the aft pool was that there are a select few loungers that sit in the shade. they are up on the higher decks looking over the pool. Those of course were always full. The availability of space/loungers seemed to be the same as the pools elsewhere on the ship. Of course the aft pool was better because of the lack of children and the view off the back.

Archived