Theme nights?

ManhattanLawyer

Hi,

We are leaving for Alaska soon. I have seen previous threads discussing theme nights, but I haven't received any information about whether we are having a theme night on our cruise. How do we find out if there is a theme night on our cruise in order to know what to bring?

Thanks!

Thanks that's good to know. My suitcase will already be overflowing as it is. But just out of curiosity, are there theme nights on every cruise? Are the themes generally the same? We are going on the Summit, so are there theme nights that appear on every Summit cruise, or do they change the themes from cruise to cruise?

Sorry for all the questions but this is our first cruise since we normally travel independently and I just want to be as prepared and knowledgeable as possible in advance.

Thanks

When you cruise in the Caribbean, they have island night, but no one dresses up for that, unless you wear an Hawaiian print shirt. They do have a 50's night on some cruises, but again, it's only the staff that dresses up. They will hold parties on deck or in a club (for 5's night it was a sock hop in the Bar at the Edge) that will have music and dancing that reflects the theme, but as I said, passengers generally don't dress up in a theme.

The theme night is actually after the dining time. For dinner, normal dress codes are followed - except for Halloween where the dress code was informal or Halloween costume.

I have been on Celebrity cruises where there were 50's sock hops, Tex-Mex nights, Island night, tapas night, Irish pub night, etc. Music and food reflect the theme but the only ones who dress up are the activities staff and sometimes the wait staff.

There is at least one theme night per 7 day cruise - usually on a casual night and it has the only other midnight buffet (besides the Grand Buffet).

Archived