Honeymooners Tips and Secrets??

Hello, we are doing our honeymoon on the Mariner on October 22 and was wondering if any past honeymooners had tips or suggestions for making it a once in a lifetime trip.

Please help :)

First of all congrats on your wedding/honeymoon. October is a great month to honeymoon on a cruise. My husband and I will celebrate our 7 year anniversary on Oct 23rd. Our honeymoon was a 7 day cruise and we had a great time. A couple of things I would recommend:

1. Make sure the cruise line knows it is your honeymoon. (Ours was on Carnival but I would assume the various lines handle special occasions pretty similarly.) That way you can be assured that they can work to make your experience that much better.

2. Request to be seated with other honeymooners at dinner. We were at a table for 6 and even though we were from all different places (the south, the midwest, and Canada) the fact that we were all on our honeymoons gave us a common thread and made meals lots of fun.

3. Okay this one may seem silly but be sure to pack plenty of sunscreen and use it! Our first port was Cozumel and I am not sure if it was the euphoria of just getting married or too many free Mexican beers but my husband burnt himself to a crisp and suffered for several days because of it. :-)

4. Be a little daring on your shore excursions. Trying something new and exciting will make for a very memorable trip.

5. And my final tip is to take lots and lots of pictures. That way years from now you can look back and relive all the fun you had through your photos.

Have a great honeymoon!

I booked our honeymoon through the cruiseline on Navigator of Seas. Unfortunately, we didnt have a great server on our cruise, so we didnt even get a "congrats" from him when we told him the reason we were cruising it was our honeymoon. I would be surprised if he remembered our names after we told him. He was just horrible.

The head server did give us a table for 2 in late seating, but we waited in line for an hour to get that request granted. If you want intimacy, definitely get the table for 2. WE LOVED THAT!

I dont think Royal does anything special for honeymooners other than the meet and greet for honeymooners they have one night of cruise. We didnt attend that, because we wanted to see a show that was going on at same time.

I suggest just enjoying yourself and making sure its the most relaxing trip of your lives!!! :)

Does anyone know if there is anything special for couples in the spa, we did the Disney Cruise last September and did something called the Surreal Bath for couples and it was a lot of FUN ;)

I went on the Mariner for my honeymoon back in August...The main tip I have is a) book the spa right when you get onboard for an appointment sometime after the honeymooners party (whenever that is) and then b) go to the honeymooners party and get your 20% off coupon for the spa :) There are also raffles and free cake and champagne at the honeymooners party. We also had a table for two in the dining room and LOVED it...we managed to get it through requesting it at booking (amazingly).

During our wedding/honeymoon cruise, we met our room steward the first day, explained about the wedding/honeymoon and provided a cash tip. The little extra up front ensured we were very well cared for throughout out cruise. He let us into our cabin early, brought us robes, an extra ice bucket, etc. and generally took special care of us.

You might consider dinner at Portofinos or Chops for just the two you as a nice romantic treat. But make reservations as soon as you board, since prime times fill up fast. We also loved the Champagne Bar and usually stopped in before dinner for little nightly celebration.

We honeymooned on the explorer Jan 05. Our suggestions are:

1. Go to the Honeymooners mingle, it's fun and they give away prizes.

2. Get adventurous on your excursions. We splurged and ended up tubing through caves in Belize, hiking the rainforest and swimming with Stingrays. Then, we bought the video they filmed on one of the excursions. What a way to make our honeymoon memorable.

3. Book a couple's massage. We did this and though it was expensive it was SOOO worth it and a great way to relax after the wedding and share a bonding experience.

4. Pre-book some specialty items from the cruiseline's website (usually under onboard>gifts). We pre-ordered ourselves flowers, and robes which were a great treat and I still use mine every day.

Have a great time!

My fiance and I are going on our first cruise for our Honeymoon in June 2007. You mentioned that you tipped the steward on the first day and he gave you great service! We wondered how much of a tip would be appropriate for something like that!

Thanks so much!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...
Hello, we are doing our honeymoon on the Mariner on October 22 and was wondering if any past honeymooners had tips or suggestions for making it a once in a lifetime trip. :)

I am attempting to bring this thread, that started on my 43rd birthday, back to life.:confused:

I am not sure if the events and considerations mentioned in the previous posts, circa 2006, still exists. My DW-to-be and I will be enjoying our honeymoon cruise in a JS on the Majesty of the Seas. I added the Grand Romance Package and a 5 bottle Wine Package, because I am not sure what, if any, special treatment/extras will be offered to us as honeymooners not married onboard.

If anyone has any current advice, like "what to do":D and "don't even dare try that!!":eek:, please post them to the "born again" Honeymooner Tips and Secrets.

I'd be interested too. I was previously married and spent 2 anniversaries on the Majesty of the Seas, and both times received a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, petit fours, and cheese one night in our cabin.

This time I will be going on the Carnival Legend for my honeymoon.

We were on the Celebrity Mercury out of Baltimore this past Nov/Dec for 12 days: We let it be known we were there for our 45th Anniversary. We were invited to a special party for others who were enjoying their anniversary,s. "photo.. dance, cake, champaign... all very enjoyable! Also our evening dinner meal of our anniversary .. our table of 12 enjoyed anniversary cake and a special serenade from our waiters... It pays to speak up I can assure you.

Hubby always gives our room 'maids" an extra $20.. We have had no complaints.. That is ocean view not balcony...

I'd be interested too. I was previously married and spent 2 anniversaries on the Majesty of the Seas, and both times received a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, petit fours, and cheese one night in our cabin.

This time I will be going on the Carnival Legend for my honeymoon.

When you fill out your "fun pass" on Carnival's website, there is a place to indicate if you are celebrating a special occasion on your cruise. One of the options is honeymoon. We had gotten married on the ship, but I'm sure you will still get some of the special attention- first night, our towel animal was the kissing swans, surrounded by a heart. The waiters sang "happy honeymoon" at dinner.

Archived