Single Supplement Costs

Chip AZ

Depends on the cruise. If you check out itineraries on their web site and then click on the 'fare' tab above and scroll down below the fare table you can see what the single fare is for that particular cruise. Used to be that there were a lot of 25-50% single supplements but looking over next year's cruises I see that most are up to 200%.

Looks to me as though Silverseas is no longer 'single-friendly'.

This change happened quite recently...I sailed 4 weeks in 2005 and 4 weeks this year (2 in April, 2 in November) in a single veranda on Silversea for a reasonable rate. I quite like Silversea but for 2007 I've already booked 3 weeks on Regent since the supplement for a veranda was 10% on the cruise I'm doing. I hope Silversea reconsiders their high single tariffs for 2008.

Per my TA, Crystal is the only one that has cheaper single rates of the high end lines. At this late date there are not a lot of options if you want to do an 06-07 South American 2 week plus cruise.

Per my TA, Crystal is the only one that has cheaper single rates of the high end lines. At this late date there are not a lot of options if you want to do an 06-07 South American 2 week plus cruise.

Nothing against Crystal but check out Regent also. I think they're again doing a Jan/Feb South America circle on either Mariner or Voyager. Ships are all veranda and single supplement is usually ~30%...and remember, the booze is included...not on Crystal.

There are half the people on the Silversea cruise as opposed to the same Regent cruise, after being on Princess I want to experience not standing in line ever again. Plus this is the right length. I will probably like the cabin location too.

Nothing against Crystal but check out Regent also. I think they're again doing a Jan/Feb South America circle on either Mariner or Voyager. Ships are all veranda and single supplement is usually ~30%...and remember, the booze is included...not on Crystal.

Caviar is not included on Regent.

Caviar is not included on Regent.

I do like to complimentary caviar on Silversea, but at a 200% single supplement versus 125-150% on other high end lines, I can buy a lot of caviar on board elsewhere with the extra money. Other than Silversea (and I believe Seaborne) what other lines include caviar? Regent is $25/order which usually means and extra $500/week for me since I like it so much. With the caviar ban, it's all now American paddlefish caviar which I think tastes fine.

Archived