Sale on Wed and Thurs..which cruises?

letsgocruz1

Is there a way to find out which cruises will be included in Carnival's sale that starts Wed (for past guests) and concludes on Thursday? The email I received from PVP says "virtually all sailings" and the 7/8 nighters get a $100 credit, 3,4,5 nights get a $50 credit. We are interested in the Liberty in December.

Also, if the sailing we are looking at does get some sort of a shipboard credit, could you also not use the past guest promo that's going on? Can you combine the two?

I guess these are all questions I could call Carnival about, I was just hoping someone could answer them quickly. CC members just seem to know exactly what's going on!!! Thanks in advance for your help!

I have the email from Carnival and the offer does not include the Liberty. It is not listed as one of the ships that offer applies to.

Thanks, janetz. I didn't see a list on my email...how did you find one?

Oh well, past guests still get a deal of $399 pp and free upgrades from a 4A to 4G. I know, not much of an upgrade since it's still an inside room, but hey, it's better than nothing (esp considering the 4A's start at $429 for the general public) I consider $399 for 6 nights to be CHEAP!

Thanks again for the info!

I booked a 5 day today and got the $50.00 credit. I don't know if it is all cruises or not, my PVP just told me about the credit when I told her about the trip I wanted.

How great for you; what a nice little surprise!! I guess the sale started early for you, huh? :) So tell, which ship/itinerary are you doing?

I have two different emails, but neither listed the ship... guess you will have to call Wed. And the offer can only be combined with the super saver rate...

*Cruise rates are in U.S. dollars, per person and based on double occupancy. Rates are based on category 4A. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. Offer has no cash value. Fare code must be requested to receive promotion. Prices vary by ship and sail date and space is subject to availability at time of booking. Offer is valid on categories 4A-8I but excludes categories 1A/IS/OV/7A/BL/ST/11/12. Combinable only with super saver rates only. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. *Maximum non-refundable onboard credit up to $50 per stateroom on 3/4/5 day cruises and $100 per stateroom on 7/8 day cruises. Free on-board gift based on purchase of a Carnival cruise. On board credit can be used to purchase any of the gifts detailed above. Single occupancy bookings receive half of the onboard credit amount. Valid on new individual bookings made only on 7/26/06 & 7/27/06. Promotion is valid on select ships and sail dates through 3/31/07. Blackout dates apply. Rates are capacity controlled and subject to change without notice. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability) apply. Request fare code CO1D for 3/4/5 day cruises and CO1S for 7/8 day cruises. Ships ' Registry: Panama & The Bahamas .

I have two different emails, but neither listed the ship... guess you will have to call Wed. And the offer can only be combined with the super saver rate...

*Cruise rates are in U.S. dollars, per person and based on double occupancy. Rates are based on category 4A. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. Offer has no cash value. Fare code must be requested to receive promotion. Prices vary by ship and sail date and space is subject to availability at time of booking. Offer is valid on categories 4A-8I but excludes categories 1A/IS/OV/7A/BL/ST/11/12. Combinable only with super saver rates only. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. *Maximum non-refundable onboard credit up to $50 per stateroom on 3/4/5 day cruises and $100 per stateroom on 7/8 day cruises. Free on-board gift based on purchase of a Carnival cruise. On board credit can be used to purchase any of the gifts detailed above. Single occupancy bookings receive half of the onboard credit amount. Valid on new individual bookings made only on 7/26/06 & 7/27/06. Promotion is valid on select ships and sail dates through 3/31/07. Blackout dates apply. Rates are capacity controlled and subject to change without notice. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability) apply. Request fare code CO1D for 3/4/5 day cruises and CO1S for 7/8 day cruises. Ships ' Registry: Panama & The Bahamas .

Thanks, that's the same email I got, too. Guess I'll call Wed. I am betting the past guest promo they have going on will be my best bet, though.

How great for you; what a nice little surprise!! I guess the sale started early for you, huh? :) So tell, which ship/itinerary are you doing?

It's the Elation on 1/1/07 out of Port Canaveral. We are taking the grandchildren (it's their Christmas present so don't tell - shhhh) :)

It's the Elation on 1/1/07 out of Port Canaveral. We are taking the grandchildren (it's their Christmas present so don't tell - shhhh) :)

Want another grandchild? I promise to be good, LOL

You're creating memories! What a great gift!!

Want another grandchild? I promise to be good, LOL

You're creating memories! What a great gift!!

I'd say yes but I already had to book 4 cabins, there are 11 of us,so I think I'll pass. Yes memories, I am more excited about this cruise than any other. The younger ones especially are going to have such fun. The teens will too, of course, but they won't show it as much. We did get miltary rates on three cabins, one grandson is military and we are retired military, but the fourth cabin got the discount, rather OBC of $50.00.

I don't even remember how I started getting the emails for the Carnival sales coming up. I am going to list just the 5, 7 and 8 day featured sailings as there are so many.

7 and 8 day cruises get the 100.00 obc, 50.00 for 5 days

My email states available on Thursday only

5 Day

Imagination, Western 10/14/2006

Elation, Bahamas 12/18/2006

Inspiration, Western 11/20/2006

Ecstasy, Western 1/27/2007

Holiday, Western 1/29/2007

Celebration, Bahamas 9/23/2006

Fantasy, Bahamas 8/19/2006

Fantasy, Western 12/25/2006

Inspiration, Western 11/11/2006

7 Day

Pride, Mexican Riviera 1/28/2007

Valor, Eastern 12/17/2006

Elation, Eastern 9/24/2006

Destiny, Southern 8/20/2006

Miracle, Western 11/12/2006

Victory, Western 11/19/2006 & 2/25/2007

Conquest,Western 10/15/2006

Glory, Western 11/18/2006

8 Days

Legend, Eastern 10/11/2006

Legend, Western 12/18/2006 & 1/19/2006

Victory, Western 10/21/2006

Spirit, Mexican Riviera 12/9/2006

Whew..:D

Just a note....ask for any other special pricing on your selected cruise. On my last cruise there was a Past Guest Special but it turned out that there were also Resident Rate Specials for my state and that wound up being an even better deal for me.

I tried the codes today on the website and they seemed to work. Of course it didn't say anything about the CC just the pricing on the cabin itself. You'd have to call and book to get the CC I guess. Anyways the past guest discount was still $100 better for me then this new one. Leave the c off the code when you plug it in.

I tried the codes today on the website and they seemed to work. Of course it didn't say anything about the CC just the pricing on the cabin itself. You'd have to call and book to get the CC I guess. Anyways the past guest discount was still $100 better for me then this new one. Leave the c off the code when you plug it in.

Thanks for posting about leaving the C off - I've been trying the code for a couple of days and it didn't work, dropping the C did the trick!! :p Now if we can just decide to go for it - thinking about booking Fantasy for Aug. 10 - we had better decide soon or it will sail without us!!! :eek:

I just checked the cruise we have booked with the sale code and the prices it gave me were 4a urgrade to 4b $399.00 for 1/2 guest & $259.00 for 3/4guest. Or 6a upgrade to 6d for $429.00 & $279.00 3/4 guest.

However for past guest the price is 4a upgrade to 5a for $299.99 & $209.00 for 3/4 guest. Or 6A to 6D $349.00 & $229.00

Now for Florida resident rate the prices were less for a Ocean View cabin they the Inside with the sale. 6a upgrade to 6d $329.00 & $249.00 for 3/4 guest.

So past guest deal & the resiendt rates are a much better deal. So be sure to ask about past guest rates as well as resident rates, sometimes these are much better then the 1 day sale's.:)

lhall, you're welcome. Are you a past guest? There's a code for that too.

Thanks, I just got off the phone a while ago with a PVP - looks like the past guest rate is better than the one-day sale incentive for the cruise we checked on.

Love these boards for all the info shared!! :D

I'd say yes but I already had to book 4 cabins, there are 11 of us,so I think I'll pass. Yes memories, I am more excited about this cruise than any other. The younger ones especially are going to have such fun. The teens will too, of course, but they won't show it as much. We did get miltary rates on three cabins, one grandson is military and we are retired military, but the fourth cabin got the discount, rather OBC of $50.00.

There are so many of us...we wouldn't really notice another...

Bummer. This is what I get for not reading the fine print - we were waiting to book our cruise for next April for this special, and it's only good for bookings on cruises through the end of March. Darn. :( Silly me.

Oh well, might as well book now anyways...

Archived