Speakers in cabins

rhy

We are leaving for a cruise in a few days and I have 1 last question. A friend said she enjoyed everything about her Carnival cruise except the speaker in the room (it was very loud) and the constant announcements. Is there anyway to lower the volume, turn off the speaker, or muffle the sound? If it makes a difference, we are on the Glory.

We where trying to find a way to turn them up and couldn't find anything. We have only be on 2 ships and both of them we could never hear anything and would have to open our cabin door to hear what was going on and usually missed most of it.

Hopefully someone can fill us both in.:)

Kim

I am beginning to learn that the answer to this and all other unanswerable questions on this board is that magical substance known as...

[drum roll, please]

Duct tape!

Either tape a towel over the speaker or have the room steward bring another pillow and tape the sucker over it.

This would work so long as the Coast Guard doesn't inspect your cabin.

Those pesky USCG inspectors have a funny notion that the ship's intercom is a safety device.

The only time you will hear the speakers in your cabin is during the life boat drill and in a real emergency. All the announcements throuh the ships PA system are directed to the speakers in the public areas of the ship. If you wish to hear them you will have to open your cabin door.

There is one other time when you will hear the speakers in the cabin loud and clear - debarkation morning. They blast out the announcements and don't even think of sleeping late.

The Captain makes an announcement right at noon (at least on the Valor, this was the custom.) He gave current position and weather, not much else. Maybe the depth of the ocean. You can turn on the TV and see the ship's position, so the Captain's announcement is not too important to hear.

There is one other time when you will hear the speakers in the cabin loud and clear - debarkation morning. They blast out the announcements and don't even think of sleeping late.

I know!:eek: LOL!:D

I always make sure I have ear plugs for that last morning, because I do sleep in late. And a pillow over your head helps too!;)

Archived