Help...Reef, Rays, and, Rum Point question

cruisecrazymama

We really want to book this excursion with Nativeway. There is only one problem....DH doesn't swim very well. DD and I did Sting Ray City in 2003, and I know the water isn't very deep, but what about the snorkle site? Can someone share their experience with this excursion? Has anyone snorkled there that are also not good swimmers? We would love this , but I don't DH to be left out.

I don't consider myself a very strong swimmer, but I love snorkeling. I always wear a lifejacket when snorkeling, and many tours require you to wear one as well. With a life jacket you just float- very easy and not stressful at all. Go! You'll have a blast!

They will provide a lifejacket if anyone wants/needs one, and like teacherkab mentioned, he can then just float around and have a good time. It really is a great tour, and when we get back to GC we'll most likely do that one again.

John

...in February. We booked thru Nativeway. I highly recommend them. They are cheaper and the boat has about 12 pax vs. about 150 on the Carnival. Life jackets are provided, as is the equipment you need. If the water in North Bay is rough, your DH may have some trouble at the snorkling stop. Calm waters and a life jacket, he'd have a great time. This is my favorite excursion I'd ever done. Good luck to ya!

Mike

WE just did this last week, my 60 mother snorkeled ( and she can't swim), and so did my 9 year old twins. The current isn't near as bad here as it is in Cancun, Cozumel and I would recomment this to anyone. They provide life jackets and pull right up to where you snorkel. This tour was great, our group only had about 12 and at stingray city, everyone else was crowded around and we had a big area to ourselves and the guides were great. and RumPoint is absolutely Paradise, you will not want to leave this beach. The captain, however may tell you he's going to try to get you back ealry, but when he did, we just said we were told we would be there at least and hour and a half and he said okay. You will not regret this tour, it's great for all ages.

Our ship is scheduled to leave at 5pm when we are in GC and we were told by the folks at Rays Reef and Rum that we will be back to the dock at 3:30. Is that enough time considering tenders? I have never tendered before and I was curious.

Thanks for any info

Carmen

Our ship is scheduled to leave at 5pm when we are in GC and we were told by the folks at Rays Reef and Rum that we will be back to the dock at 3:30. Is that enough time considering tenders? I have never tendered before and I was curious.

Thanks for any info

Carmen

NativeWay gets you back in plenty of time. We just did this one last month.

Archived