Costa Maya Diving

techdiver

T.D.

Check with Dreamtime but I'm not sure they can help you.. They are now contracted with Carnival to be their dive excursion company/shop.... If there's a Carnival ship there the same day you are, I don't believe they can provide dives for you.... But do check, I may be wrong.... Also, I've been checking out a young company/shop called Blue Ocean Safari.... I have no personal knowledge of them yet but have spoke with Phil, the owner and I really like what I've heard. Small groups, new rental equipment. He's just getting it going so not many reviews yet.. There are a couple of folks booked with them in August/Sept. so awaiting their reviews.....:)

www.blueoceansafari.com

I found Blue Ocean Safari by chance and also like what I hear from the owner Phil. I booked with him in my Miracle cruise and will be diving with him on Sept. 1. He indicated he'll have kayaks available (free) for diver/snorkelers.

Dreamtime did have good reviews. But on cruise days instead of paying $75 you'll have to pay Carnival twice. Some people found that dive ops tend not to go deeper than 60' with cruisers, because there tend to be more novice divers from the cruise ship.

Another place which also have good reviews is Maya Palms. Need to take a cab ride for 1/2 hr to get there, but supposed to have bood resort facility. I was thinking of going to Maya Palms until finding Blue Ocean Safari.

We also dove with Dreamtime in March. They were great!! Incredible coral life!!! Anyway, we cruised with RCL Legned of the Seas. I hope that you have a great dive wherever/whomever you dive with.

We too are leaning toward Blue Ocean Safaris. However, if HAL has no dives, Dreamtime may be available. I don't know. I did email them(Dreamtime) and let them know we are arriving on the Miracle and asked if they had any spots available---they responded quickly and politely that I must go with the ship trip to dive with them on that day. Too bad!!!

Thanks, sent request to Blue Ocean Safari. Costa Maya Cruise Excursions told me they have no one booked for my date, and they require a party of 2 to reserve. Hopefully Blue Ocean will provide a positive response.

• 1 month later...
T.D.

Check with Dreamtime but I'm not sure they can help you.. They are now contracted with Carnival to be their dive excursion company/shop.... If there's a Carnival ship there the same day you are, I don't believe they can provide dives for you.... But do check, I may be wrong.... Also, I've been checking out a young company/shop called Blue Ocean Safari.... I have no personal knowledge of them yet but have spoke with Phil, the owner and I really like what I've heard. Small groups, new rental equipment. He's just getting it going so not many reviews yet.. There are a couple of folks booked with them in August/Sept. so awaiting their reviews.....:)

www.blueoceansafari.com

Yup- got the standard reply "you may join us by booking onboard the ship at the excursions desk" - fagettaboutit... I refuse to spend $175 to dive some crappy profile with a 1/2 hour limit...

I emailed blue ocean safaris and put down my deposit...

Lisa

Yup- got the standard reply "you may join us by booking onboard the ship at the excursions desk" - fagettaboutit... I refuse to spend $175 to dive some crappy profile with a 1/2 hour limit...

I emailed blue ocean safaris and put down my deposit...

Lisa

Me too Lisa.... I'll be diving with them in December..... I can't wait... Be sure to post a review after you dive with them.... Tell Julie that Debbie said hi......

Contact Maya Palms, dove with them last Jan....avoided dreamtime and had a 3 person dive on the reefs!! yes that is all that went,,, better than trying to fit in with 35 people you do not know!!they have a shore time for non divers and lunch on site...

they will go where YOU want to go...go to the WEBSITE! http://www.mayapalms.com

PS owned by a dive shop in Mo.

Billeelou,

Thanks for the info. but we went with Blue Ocean Safari.... Wasn't interested in Maya Palms actually.... I'm going with a group on a cruise critic group scuba cruise...... So we needed something that could handle a larger group........

we dove with dreamtime again last week. it was great ... again - i told them that we dove with them in april and where we went and we were able to choose different sites this time. it was nice. it is a bit pricey i suppose. another couple that we dove with all week went with maya(n?) palms and said it was really nice. just 3 or 4 of them (there were just 5 of us with dreamtime) but they were one of the last couple of people back on the ship at departure time. thats a BIT too close for my comfort. i wish the ships would stay in port longer...especially cozumel. id love to do the night dive that some of the cruises offer!

• 2 weeks later...
Contact Maya Palms, dove with them last Jan....avoided dreamtime and had a 3 person dive on the reefs!! yes that is all that went,,, better than trying to fit in with 35 people you do not know!!they have a shore time for non divers and lunch on site...

they will go where YOU want to go...go to the WEBSITE! www.mayapalms.com

PS owned by a dive shop in Mo.

I emailed them. Do you have to stay at their resort or do they have daily dives for outsiders as well??

Archived