Newest ship

reds1515

Guest LetMeGo

It's interesting to see that the Destiny/Conquest class originates as far back as 1996... That means it's basic design is four years older than the Spirit-class.

Doesn't that mean that the Spirit-class ships are the newest? :D

It's interesting to see that the Destiny/Conquest class originates as far back as 1996... That means it's basic design is four years older than the Spirit-class.

Depends on whether the question is about the ship itself, or the class of ship.

Guest LetMeGo
Depends on whether the question is about the ship itself, or the class of ship.

Hah... That is so true.

Personally, I can't see there being that much difference in the physical condition of ships that are either 5 or 15 years old, since they do have onboard repair crews as well as scheduled overhauls

Interior decorations are always a matter of personal taste anyway, so I would define a "new" ship as something that the cruise line had a few more years to think about, and have more feedback from the customers.

I did write in a topic somewhere that I wouldn't travel across the world to cruise on anything older than the Destiny-class ship... Even if Destiny is on the paper two years older than Paradise.

I hope that makes sense to somebody. :D

No. The Destiny and Conquest are two different classes. The Conquest Class came out after the Spirit Class and both classes have had ships come out at different times after that. Actually, the Destiny is in a class by herself. She has one less deck than the ones that came out after her. The Triumph and Victory are considered Triumph Class because they have one more deck.

Guest LetMeGo
No. The Destiny and Conquest are two different classes. The Conquest Class came out after the Spirit Class and both classes have had ships come out at different times after that. Actually, the Destiny is in a class by herself. She has one less deck than the ones that came out after her. The Triumph and Victory are considered Triumph Class because they have one more deck.

Are they really different classes though?

There is one more deck, but the other twelve are pretty much identical, with an identical layout of the public spaces. Obviously some of the rooms are extended because the ships have been lenghtened as well. And that's exactly what RCCL did with Voyager to get the "revolutionary" Freedom class of ships. Except they didn't even add an extra deck. :p

It's more like having a body of a station wagon built on the same chassis as your regular coupe, rather than a whole new model of a car...

Are they really different classes though?

There is one more deck, but the other twelve are pretty much identical, with an identical layout of the public spaces. Obviously some of the rooms are extended because the ships have been lenghtened as well. And that's exactly what RCCL did with Voyager to get the "revolutionary" Freedom class of ships. Except they didn't even add an extra deck. :p

It's more like having a body of a station wagon built on the same chassis as your regular coupe, rather than a whole new model of a car...

Yes, they are different classes. The Destiny has a larger Atrium too. In the next ship to come out, the Triumph, the Atrium was made smaller to make room for additional cabins. The Victory followed suit. The Spirit Class came out after the Victory. Then came the Conquest Class which is somewhat longer. I believe it's around 50-65 feet longer depending on what site you visit.

Guest LetMeGo
Yes, they are different classes. The Destiny has a larger Atrium too. In the next ship to come out, the Triumph, the Atrium was made smaller to make room for additional cabins. The Victory followed suit. The Spirit Class came out after the Victory. Then came the Conquest Class which is somewhat longer. I believe it's around 50-65 feet longer depending on what site you visit.

Alright, if the customers say they are different ships, than they must be. :cool:

Personally I'll just go on and think of them as step-sisters instead of a genuinely different family.

Archived