QE2 October 16, 2006 Cruise

TAH

I will be traveling on that cruise with my other/better half,Tony.We cant wait and I am almost wishing the Summer away.Terrible thought!I posted on the roll call and thought we were the only ones going!Since finding the wonderfull QE2 in 2003 we cant get enough of her.We all could meet up,perhaps.

Counting the days.......

Kathie.

Thank you so very much for your reply. My partner Norman and I are looking forward to the trip. We would love to meet up for a drink. I have always thought half the fun of the trip is getting to know new friends. See you then, Todd

Hi there, my wife Pat and I are on the Canaries Cruise for our 51st wedding anniversary. Look forward to meeting any other cruisers. Do we know where QE2 will dock at Lanzarote? The brochure says Arrecife but our docs mention going ashore by tender!! That could be Playa Blanca.

I am affraid this is my first visit to the Canaries and I cannot be of much help with regard to your question of where we will land. My cruise documents do not clarify the situation either. If I am able to find out the situation I will pass it on, and may I wish you and your wife best wishes for your anniversary.

TAH

When we went to Lanzorote in 2004 on QE2, we docked in Arrecife even though our documents said we would be at anchor. Hope this helps, though I'm told that sometimes the decision on whether to dock or anchor depends on the number of other ships there that day.

• 2 weeks later...

We are lucky enough to have a property on Lanzarote and have been almost resident for the past 20 years. We do know our way around the island (which is very different and very beautiful) If you intend doing some sightseeing, talk to us first and be careful with Cunards pricing for its tours!!!

If you intend doing some sightseeing, talk to us first and be careful with Cunard's pricing for its tours!!!

We're in Lanzarotte in December - the 23rd - on her Christmas Cruise. I've been to Lanzarotte as a port once before, a long time ago, and my partner's never been. What are the main sights to see on the island and how would you do them (I know not to go on a Cunard tour - they're very expensive and not that good).

I am just trying to find out if, in October, she will moor in Arrecife or anchor at Playa Blanca (a big difference on a short visit) For any prospective sightseers, the cheapest form of transport on Lanzo are taxis especially if you are sharing. You can hire a taxi by the half or full day. I will be in Lanzo this weekend and will 'sus' out the current prices and post them when I return. As we are there for such a short time I would forget the north of the Island and concentrate on The Cactus Garden, Manriques House, and,time permitting, Fire Mountain but ignore the camel ride it takes up a lot of time. Will post more when I return.

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from a very,very hot Lanzarote:D and can report the following re taxi hire. From Arrecife the local taxis ( large and comfortable Mercedes types) are available for the followin :- 4hour tour of the North Island - 100 euros (for the taxi, not each) 4 hour tour of South Island - 110 euros. Compares very well with Cunards price of 55-60$ per person. The taxis will hold 4 and at current exchange value that works out at approx £18 per head. Hope that is of some use. Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Just received E-Mail from Cunard. QE2 will dock in Los Marmoles(Arrecife) on her October visit. If anyone wishes to chat about Lanzarote they will find me in the Golden Lion most lunchtimes partaking of a pint of Guinness. I am 6feet tall,grey hair (what is left) and look forward to meeting you all. Our names are Bernard and Pat and we live in Rochdale,Lancs.

:)

QE2 will dock in Los Marmoles(Arrecife) on her October visit.

That is great news - Anchor ports are all well and good for seeing the ship from the sea but make shore visits a hassle. I hope that they do the same for Christmas - that's shown as an anchor port, but then so was October

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. I have enjoyed reading lots of useful and informative things on this forum thanks to all for their efforts.

My wife (definitely the better half) and my self will be on the QE2 October 16th, like everyone else we are counting the days !!

We were lucky to have had 6 days on this wonderful ship in august to Bilbao etc and it was our first time on such a quality ship and we loved it. If this is your first time I don't think you will be disappointed. We had great food and friendly service from the crew.

We would be happy to meet up for a drink at sometime on the cruise if anyone would like too we are in the Mauritania Restaurant late dining. If you have any Ideas as to how to organise this please let us know.

• 3 weeks later...

I am sure everyone is looking forward to our voyage, we will be onboard before we know it. I thought perhaps we could pick a bar and meet at some point if anyone wishes. I am open to any suggestions as to when and where, Yacht Club 1st night or Chart Room second night perhaps. Looking forward to meeting you onboard.

I am departing for Europe this evening. My friends and I will be at the Yacht Club bar at 4:45 for sail away from Southampton. I wish everyone safe travels and we will see you aboard.

Archived