Free Access at Hotel Beaches?

devinandcara

I have heard many say that they have gone to the Intercontinental Tahiti or the Sheraton Moorea and used their beach for the day. Can you do this for free? Do you need to "register" or can you just walk in and grab a beach chair? Is this true for any and every hotel in F.P. or just specific ones?

What about the rooms that you can get to take a quick shower? Do they charge a fee for that?

Thanks!!

Cara & Devin

21 days until our cruise on the Tahitian Princess!

Sheraton Moorea..shared a cab with fellow passengers and hung out at the beach..used the chairs, took our "Princess towels", used the pool...no problems... At the IC in Tahiti we asked at check in to extend our stay the day of check out (this was post cruise) and we were in an OTWB..it was $150.00 extra to not check out until 8:00 pm (the time for our Princess transfer pick up)...we did know fellow passengers who came in the day of the flight home and paid something (sorry, don't remember how much) to go to a room for 15 minutes to take a shower and change clothes...I think it is called a "transit room" ..if your flight is at 10:00 pm, as ours was, delayed until 11:30 pm and then an "all nighter" flight to me the extra dollars were worth it not to just be in the heat, humidity, same clothes etc. and it was raining a lot while we were there ( 7/12-15)..plus my DH cut himself and we had to have 911, trip to a clinic for 6 sutures so, in retrospect, I'm so glad we had that extra time! Hope this helps! LuAnn

The Sofitel in Bora Bora charged a cover, but it included a "welcome drink" (beer or cocktail), so it was about a wash. There were several other TPers enjoying the beach and bar at the Sofitel the afternoon we were there. They had showers to use in a locker-room type setting right next the pool with free shampoo, lotion, etc.

lalawgirl,

I am interested in spending a day at the Sofitel in Bora Bora. Is it on the main island or do you need to catch a boat across to one of the small islands (motus). I think it was being built when we were there in 2004 or I may be mistaking it for another hotel. I would appreciate any information regarding this hotel.

Jennie

The Sofitel is on the main island. Just hop in a cab and any driver will take you there. There is also a Motu Sofitel, but it is private (no access for anyone not staying there!).

It was a great place to spend the day!

The Sofitel is on the main island. Just hop in a cab and any driver will take you there. There is also a Motu Sofitel, but it is private (no access for anyone not staying there!).

It was a great place to spend the day!

Thanks so much for your prompt reply.:) I now have the day planned for Bora Bora as we have been there before and just want to relax this time.

Jennie

Devin&Cara,

This is off-topic (my apologies), but when are you guys leaving DC? We're leaving the 15th and were wondering if we're all on the same flights!

Good luck with the wedding!

Nefsb

The Frommer's book states that Sofitel Marara and Bora Bora Beach Club will let outsiders use the equipment and facilities, but there is a fee. It doesn't say how much.

Like I said above, the Sofitel in Bora Bora charged a cover, but it included a "welcome drink" (beer or cocktail), so it was about a wash. I think it was about $10. To me, it was worth it. Not only did they have equipment to borrow (kayaks), they had showers to use in a locker-room type setting right next the pool with free shampoo, lotion, etc.

Devin&Cara,

This is off-topic (my apologies), but when are you guys leaving DC? We're leaving the 15th and were wondering if we're all on the same flights!

Good luck with the wedding!

Nefsb

Nefsb,

We fly out early (around 8am) on the 13th. Our flight out of LAX is ATN and leaves at 1pm.

Let us know if you'll be around!

Cara & Devin

Archived