Golden--Aloha deck cabin questions

GamblinNan

We are booked in cabin A318 on the Golden and was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions about it. Will there be noise from above (Neptune's reef and pool), is the balcony fully covered and did you find any major problems with the ship. We love Princess but have always been on Sun Class or smaller and I don't want to feel overwhelmed. Thanks for any info. We have plenty of time to change cabins if necessary.

The Golden is a beautiful ship. It is larger, but the design makes it feel smaller. Your cabin, A318 is actually under the grill, bar, and pizza. If you hear any noise, it would be early morning, when crew is straightening out the lounge chairs, but it shouldn't be as loud as under tables and chairs being moved about. I do not know if it is covered, but there are no cabins above you. Aloha is the top cabin deck. Lido deck is wider than Aloha, and appears to cover the Aloha balconys but I am not sure of that.

GamblinNan - Here are a few pictures that may help. Picture#60 is of the cabin with balcony. Picture#61 was taken from the balcony and you can see how it's covered. Picture#62 is where you can see Aloha on the very top of the cabin decks. Personally, we liked Aloha as we only used the balcony early morning, sail away, and late evening, so getting sun wasn't a priority on the balcony. We got plenty on the islands and by the pool. We also were protected by the occasional rainshower a time or two.

We were in Aloha 303 on the Golden and it was wonderful. We had no trouble with it whatsoever.The Cabin and bathroom were very large which we decided later must have been a handicapped accessible cabin.We had been upgraded to it from a much lower, inside cabin.I sat out on the Balcony and read, and on the last night of the cruise sat out there with the light on, reading a book until I saw a bird or two fluttering around. I then decided to get some sleep before I would arise again to see the Ship arrive in port. I love the Golden. My favorite ship so far. Lynne

Had an Aloha balcony on the Golden on a 10 day med cruise in Aug 2002 .. A quick flight of stairs and you're at the buffet .. a quick run down the hall and you're at the aft adult pool .. The balcony was relaxing and private .. To your noise question .. none from overhead at all ..

just booked a balcony on teh Carribean Princess .. Riveria deck .. Hope it's as nice .. have fun

Archived