Dover/Stockholm - 7/27

bogie113

This is our first cruise and I have lots of questions but having never cruised I don't even know what to ask. We read Steve Ballis' 3-part diary and found a lot of answers.

Is anyone else going to be on our sailing. We started out as just my husband and I and suddenly a two friends and a couple of acquaintances have joined up so we are 8 [not joined at the hip but for sure in St Petersburg and Berlin]

Has anyone done this Baltic itinerary and are there any suggestions. We are really new at this.

Dress, Money, Tours, Dining Venues, Cabins [we are in a PH] but understand that even there the bathrooms are really small.

Interested in anything you can share.

• 2 weeks later...

We just completed the Baltic itinerary on Regatta, and really enjoyed it. As far as dress, it is casual, no formal nights. Many men wore jackets and even ties at dinner..many just khakis with polo shirts. The women wore basic casual clothes, although some dressed for dinner more. Just wear what you might normally wear out to dinner, and you'll be fine. They do ask that you don't wear jeans or tennis shoes in the dining rooms, but I did see some of those too. As for money, Euros were accepted most everywhere. You can exchange dollars for Euros on the ship. Also can find ATM's in most cities. Credit cards are widely accepted of course, and even dollars some places. If you haven't been to the cities on the itinerary, the ships tours are probably a good idea. We did a couple places independently, and found others to share cabs with. In Russia you need a visa, so the ships tours are one idea. Another would be to go with a local company, Red October. We used them and were very pleased. Since there are 8 of you, you would save money compared to the ships tour, and can tailor the itinerary according to your needs. Their e-mail address is rols@redoctober.spu.ru.

Archived