Log Your Exercise Progress Here

RB Bonzo

I have glanced through some marathon books, but it is hard for me to read page after page. I am going to do this marathon. I am ok with finishing the training alone. Honestly, i run faster by myself. I also take that time to kind of meditate, think about life in general. I have come to alot of clarity on lifes problems when i am running alone. Nothing is going to stop me now. The other day my mom said to my grandfather "maybe we will go and watch at the finish line." His response was " if she finishes" well that was a challenge to me. I will prove to him that i can do it.

I have glanced through some marathon books, but it is hard for me to read page after page. I am going to do this marathon. I am ok with finishing the training alone. Honestly, i run faster by myself. I also take that time to kind of meditate, think about life in general. I have come to alot of clarity on lifes problems when i am running alone. Nothing is going to stop me now. The other day my mom said to my grandfather "maybe we will go and watch at the finish line." His response was " if she finishes" well that was a challenge to me. I will prove to him that i can do it.

tell your grandfather to bring a camera!!! :D

I love step aerobics.I actually teach it at my gym. I tweeked the normal step workout and have evryone carrying 3-5 pound weights while stepping. It makes it much more intense and they love it. We also do intervals about every 10 min. We put down the weights and do high intense intervals to really get the heart rate up for about 2 min. We just recently started doing squat thrust for an interval. We do 8 squats then on the last we hold it for a second jump up and do 5 squat thrusts with jumps at the end of each one. We do 3 sets. They are killers. Everyone is moaning on the last set.:p

i have always been intimidated by the calsses in my gym-but when i can get back to the gym-my resolution is to try some classes-even if i am the old lady in the class

any other classes you would suggest-my gym has all the typical classes

i tried spinning (seemed less intimidating) and liked it but did not go back after a few classes

nancy

I love step aerobics.I actually teach it at my gym. I tweeked the normal step workout and have evryone carrying 3-5 pound weights while stepping. It makes it much more intense and they love it. We also do intervals about every 10 min. We put down the weights and do high intense intervals to really get the heart rate up for about 2 min. We just recently started doing squat thrust for an interval. We do 8 squats then on the last we hold it for a second jump up and do 5 squat thrusts with jumps at the end of each one. We do 3 sets. They are killers. Everyone is moaning on the last set.:p

you are evil and must be punished. ;):D

Yesterday, I did very little - only 3500 steps on the pedometer.

Today, I finished wk 3 of C25K in the morning and managed to do quite a bit of additional walking during the course of the day - about 16k steps in all.

just finished an 8 mile walk. Long walks are part of my training strategy for a half-marathon that I plan to do by combining running & walking in October. Managed to almost break a 4 mph pace - time was 2:02:30

That was significantly better than I had expected. Next week, I will try to keep the same pace and do a nine mile walk in under 2:20. After that, I will move up to 10 miles for a few weeks. Then, I'll start to combine running and walking.

We love the Finger Lakes area. Last summer, my family rented a houseboat and spent a week on the Canal and around Cayuga - that's East of Bath, right? One of our best times was spending the night tied to a dock nearby Goose Watch Winery. They came down the hill in golf carts to bring us up to the tasting room.

Last night I did a slow 2 mile walk with DW - did not want to press things as I was a little tight from the brisk 8 mile walk that I did that morning. Felt ok this morning and started week 4 of C25k - 3 minute run/90 second brisk walk; 5 minute run, 3 minute walk; repeat sequence. I felt good about extending to longer runs.

Yes i believe Bath is east of cayuga. I think kueka lake is near bath. i did a wine tour on kueka lake and ended up in Bath. We have wonderful lakes and wineries here. I live in geneva which is on seneca lake. We have a wine trail that goes around the entire lake. It is fun to do the wine tours, although by the time i get to the other side of the lake i am toast. You are making great progress on you training towards a half marathon. Have you tried the power gels yet? i started them at 10 miles. They make a big difference.

We stayed at Geneva a long time ago on a trip back from a wedding in the Buffalo area. It was a very nice inn on the east side of the lake - Belhurst Castle, or something like that? I remember that we had a room with a very high ceiling and the headboard of our bed was 2 stories high. The other memorable thing was that they had wine glasses in the room and a local white wine on tap - you could help yourself 24/7. Beautiful country up there.

I haven't gotten into the gels yet. They have Gu at a few of the water stations on the half. I might try it as I start working running into the long walks. A friend of mine suggested that I not wait until I finish the C25k to start doing that so that my body gets used to mixing the running and walking over long distances, so on the 9 mile walk I have planned for next Saturday, I am going to start doing 2 minutes of running every 15 minutes.

I was told that you should refuel your body at each hour of exercise. I dont know how long it takes for you to complete 9 miles, it would take me about 1 hour 40 min, i would do a gel at 5 miles, or gatorade. Lots of water helps to.

I think that the intensity of the exercise makes a big difference. Remember, I'm walking for most of this.

My running parter has diabetes, though, and he brings something to eat every hour so his blood sugar doesn't get too low

Archived