Log Your Exercise Progress Here

RB Bonzo

i like powerade better than gatorade. I dont know why but gatorade tends to give me heartburn. Today i ran 6 miles and did 30 min. of weight training. We are going to a water park today so i amsure to get some exercise going up and down the stairs to the slides.:)

although I really did not feel like exercising last night, I did drag myself to the gym. I started doing the elliptical and it didn't feel right, so I stopped after just a few minutes. I lifted weights, and went home.

This morning, I felt better and was glad that I had rested yesterday. Did my C25K run in a light rain, and that felt pretty good.

I think sometimes we just need a break. Do you take vitamins. Last summer like every other day i felt drained and tired. I started taking one a day active vitamins. They make quite a difference, but smetimes you need to just listen to your body.

last summer when I was training for my first marathon i was afraid to take a day off from running for fear that I would lose momentum-i realize now that was a stupid decision-you should always listen to your body and if something does not feel right-stop-try something else-and if it is just not a good day-rest....sometimes your body just needs the rest-and believe me-you will have a great run the next day and feel so much better!

i learned (the hard way) that rest is just as important as training-i always take 1 day off per week from training-and always feel better the next day during my run!

keep up the good work sam & rb......i cannot wait to get cleared by the doctor to get back into the gym!

nancy

I think sometimes we just need a break. Do you take vitamins. Last summer like every other day i felt drained and tired. I started taking one a day active vitamins. They make quite a difference, but smetimes you need to just listen to your body.

so true. I do have a day of no running or distance walking each week.

I do take multivitamins each day - part of the WW plan to do so.

Hi everyone! I'm going to join this thread, if y'all don't mind. :D

My exercise for yesterday was:

30 minutes of upper body strength training

30 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical

Today's will be:

30 minutes of lower body strength training

45 minutes of treadmill at 5% incline

I'm really impressed with all of you marathon runners. Keep up the great work!

welcome sheila!

my surgeon told me that we "can discuss" my going back to the gym at my next appointment in 2 weeks-I am itching to get back to the gym

I think that I cannot run for 3 months after the surgery-but I dont have a marathon scheduled until january (disney world marathon) so I should be fine training for that.

who ever thought that I would miss working out ! :)

nancy

Hello Sheila:)

Hello to you also, Sheila! :D

Nancy ~ Good luck with being able to start working out. I just had surgery and was just able to start back to the gym on Tues. It was such a relief to get back. I feel so much better when I work out. It also helps me to sleep. Take care!

Nancy, I would be going crazy if I could not work out. What will you be able to do until you can start runing again? I have become addicted to the running. The long runs have become a conquest for me. I am always amazed that i ran that far. I am usually tired, but i always feel great that i finished. The shorter runs have become a game for me. I try to get them done faster each time.

I am hoping to be able to resume working out with my trainer on september 4th.......I really miss that too!

Running has to wait 3 months-but then I have the Disney World marathon to train for so that should get my running again!

I miss the time to myself that running gives me and I also am not sleeping as well without the workouts!

I run at 4:30am and it is so peaceful.....I miss that!

I also feel like each long run is a conquest-and play games with myself to get me moving faster

I never thought i would enjoy running, but i really do and I really miss it now!

Sam: you are going to get hooked on the marathons-they are also a fantastic excuse to travel! I ran vegas last december-which was fantastic! gambling and running in the same weekend-you cannot beat it!

I also ran Indianapolis this past may-it was a very fun race and a cute town for the weekend-not too far from home

my goal is to run the great wall of china marathon in the next few years-that one sounds too cool to miss!

nancy

Hi everyone. I ran 10 miles today. i am a bit annoyed, it was a really hard run. I struggled. My legs felt like they had weights on them. I even stopped and walked 2 time, just for aminute. I know i will have bad runs. I guess iam glad this was a shorter one. 18 was like a breeze compared to today.

sam:

i know this is hard with your upcoming marathon, but really rest your knee until it feels better

i had a knee issue last year, and rest made a huge difference!

knees are sensitive and sometimes they just need a rest

dont get discouraged! rest, ice, motrin and you should be as good as new in a few days

nancy

Thanks Nancy, I have been popping motrin like crazy today and trying to ice when i have the chance. It actually feels alittle better. Tommorow i have my step class that i teach, iam a little concerned, they may be getting a body sculpting class instead. I have 20 for my long run this weekend,which i really want to do, so iam going to try and take it easy this week.

Today i did 40 min. of weight training,15 min. on the bike,and i ran 5 miles. I have to go back to the gym in a hour and teach a 45 min. yoga/pilates class and a 1 hour step aerobics class. My knee seems ok. Hopefully it will hold out.

Hi everyone - I'd like to join in here, too!

I've been exercising regularly for about a year now -- morning cardio for 30-45 minutes (bike/treadmill/elliptical/rowing machine/stairmaster or outdoor jogging) plus about 10-15 mins. weights and stretching, plus noon and/or evening exercises classes (mostly strenuous yoga, pilates, or spinning).

I'm taking "off" the morning session for the hot summer (been listening to meditation tapes, very centering), but should get back to that in September (also when I have to get up early to get teenage son off to school).

I'm also in the 10% group elsewhere on this board, and am following a wonderful cleanse/nutrition program recommended by the manager and trainers at my gym. I am really feeling terrific; it's a program that helps lean people cleanse, and those of us with weight to lose start shedding pounds really fast. (I have over 100 lbs to lose and this is really keeping me motivated.)

So, with that background out of the way, here's my exercise today:

10 mins. this AM with Bender Ball (squishy ball to do focused ab work without involving hips or back -- very important for me, I have lots of trouble with Pilates because of weak stomach muscles leading to exercises being performed incorrectly by my back and causing pain).

6-7 pm: Power Vinyasa Yoga

7:05-8 pm: Studio Cycling (spinning)

Thanks for having a place for me to check in! It will definitely help keep me focused. It's always hard to keep working out when I am twice as big as everyone else at the gym. I remember my old Tae Kwon Do instructor used to say that I was very strong, and I kind of gawked at him -- until I realized that I was doing the same as everyone else with 100 lbs of weight (literally) on my back!

Best to all,

-D

Archived