Log Your Exercise Progress Here

RB Bonzo

After I posted, I read back through the whole thread. I could not bear to read this thread last year as I was so depressed (and PO'd at myself) on being injured. I have to say - WOW. You are all doing great - Keep it up. Nancy G - You are my inspiration now. My intent last year after loosing weight for my cruise by running was to do a 1/2 marathon in October and then a full in January. That stupid hamstring threw a wrench into that. Now that I see what you have done - I know I can do it this year! Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Well this thread had petered out a bit - although it is fair to say that it went on long after I did.

I started exercising regularly in April, though, and thought maybe it was time to revive it - who is still around? Who would like to join?

First, a summary of what I've been up to. I started Weight Watchers in April. I mentioned this to my daughter, and her response was "Again??"

This time, though, things are different. I'm a lot more motivated than I was previously, and I also find that my attitude is completely different. I am not at all focused on losing any particular amount of weight by any particular time period. Instead, I am focused on following a lifestyle that I can live with forever but will allow me to lose weight. I've found Weight Watchers to be very flexible in that regard, and it is working well for me.

Sure, I started the 10% challenge, but that is just for fun - so long as I continue to lose, I really don't care how long it takes me!

I started my exercise program by walking a half hour every day. Within a couple of weeks, it was an hour. Now, I'm doing an hour on weekdays and usually considerably more on weekends. I'm also doing some running - I've done a couple of 5k's (combined running/walking), and I"m lifting weights 2-3 times per week.

The result - I've dropped over 30 lbs and am feeling MUCH better.

Today's exercise: walked an hour w/ DW to a local breakfast joint (where I had a veggie omlette made with 1 egg & 2 eggwhites, 1 slice wheat toast, & a fruit cup). Then we walked another hour back. Good for 7 WW activity points.

How are you doing exercise-wise this weekend?

Note to Chuck: I remember the walk to the ship challenge well - my wife teased me as I flew down there, somewhere over NJ, that this was about as far as I had gotten!! Hard to know why I didn't keep things up and let myself go so badly . . .

cruise cat:

how is the marathon training going? I am on week 8 for training for the chicago marathon.

rb bonzo:

i am still here....and still exercising. today is my off day, but tomorrow is a 7 mile run

hope everyone is enjoying exercising in some great weather!

nancy

nice run, Sheila -

I set out to run 5k today. I had measured out a route that started nearby my house and ended at my driveway. Now, I'm still doing the running/walking combo. In my first ever my time was 47:20. Second one was 42:06. Today was only the third time that I ran a measured 5k, and the first time that wasn't part of a race. My goal was to beat 40:00 - - I did manage a PR, but started my final kick a little too late and did 40:07. I know that getting PR's won't always be this easy. LOL!

After resting up, I went w/ DW to our health club and did an easy 30 minutes on an eliptical and did a decent weight lifting on a Nautilus circuit.

35 minutes on the eliptical followed by weight lifting last night. Today is a rest day (I also ran yesterday morning), but I'll try to get some walking in if the weather permits. If rainy, maybe some light treadmill at the gym tonight.

today 20 min. on the eliptical, 40 min. weight training,and 1 hour step aerobics. tommorow i will run 5miles and weight train for 40 min. Saturday will be my day of rest. Sunday i will run 15 miles:confused:

I did not do much at all yesterday. Today, I walked to my health club, where I did upper body and core weight training followed by 30 minutes on an eliptical. Then, I walked back home. Total walking was approx 6 miles - have over 12k on the treadmill already (I took it off during eliptical time).

This morning, I finished the first part of the "Couch to 5k" running plan. I'll start week 2 on Tuesday.

For those not familiar, "Couch to 5k" is a plan that enables someone who is not running but is reasonably fit to get to the point where they can run about 3 miles (or about 5 kilometers) within 2 months by mixing running periods with swift walking periods to enable you to recover before the next run. First week is a 5 minute warm up walk, followed by 8 intervals of 60 second run/90 second swift walk, followed by 5 minute cool down walk. The second week has same warmup and cool downs, but has 6 intervals of 90 second run/120 second walks.

Today i ran 16.5 miles. This was my best run so far. My running partner had to stop at 3 miles(tummy problems) I was freaking out about doing it alone. I cranked my music up and had the best run. i just kept telling myself that i am strong and i can do this and i did. I t was a beautiful day and i just took in everything.

that's great!! I am hoping to get myself in condition to be able to train for one for fall '08. I'm hoping to be doing 20 miles/week by November, to keep that going through the winter, and then to start increasing the mileage next spring. If I stay healthy, stick with it, and have a little luck, should be possible. we'll see . . .

that's great!! I am hoping to get myself in condition to be able to train for one for fall '08. I'm hoping to be doing 20 miles/week by November, to keep that going through the winter, and then to start increasing the mileage next spring. If I stay healthy, stick with it, and have a little luck, should be possible. we'll see . . .

Just keep going. I started running 2 years ago, i could barley run down the street, but i just kept adding on. The one thing i found is the first 15 min. of running suck then i get into a rythym, other runners have told me they go through the same thing. Just keep going, to me it is the best way to burn fat.

Archived