Labadee, Haiti - Need input

Here are two links that will help with Labadee. I actually will not go near the shopping area again. The vendors are way to aggresive for my taste.

http://labadee.liquidsun.org/labadee_info.php

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/royal/General_info/Flyers/1115_RCCL_Labadee.pdf

Those are great links!! Thanks.

Labadee is a fabulous place!!!

I agree about all the vendors the hat my son wanted to buy was "$25.00" we got it for $6.00, Bring small amounts $1's and $5's just tell em' thats all ya got!

The waverunner excursion is more like a "follow the leader" tour excursion. Yes, you go fast but you don't get to go where you want. The day we went it was very windy and the water was really rough, so windy in fact it was kinda hard to lounge on the beach without getting sand blasted (ouch).

I touch on Labadee in my Voyager review that is linked below. My pictures are linked as well, and there are many of Labadee, to include the slide, water park and Luc's Splash Bash. We enjoyed it and will be returning again this December.
The link doesn't show up for mewould you please post it again, thanks teajak.

The link doesn't show up for mewould you please post it again, thanks teajak.

Down in my signature there is a link to my Voyager review. At the end of the review there is a link for my photos.

We were diverted to Labadee due to a hurricane in October '04-- it is awesome. The Mountains & landscape were gorgeous! When you pull in, you'll see a lot of little fishing vessels-- you feel like you're in the South Pacific. Once onshore, you hear all these native drums playing in the distance- it's truly a mystical, enchanting place. Go straight to the beach on the side with waves-- its nicer to walk over there-- and don't miss Dragon Head-- the view from out there is spectacular- to look back at the beach-- and wait until you hear the Dragon breathe--- Absolutely loved this place. It is truly a highlight. Oh- I bought an awesome set of mahogany salad bowls for about $20. Same set in Punta Cana was $150. Also, great artwork-- although our cabin steward told us not to get any of it pre-framed as most of the non-mahogany wood is filled with termites (good tip!) Have fun!

My husband and I are going on the Mariner of the Seas on August 27.

UGA ... we have a very active roll call board going for the August 27th Mariner cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=282284 .

Lots of discussion on what others are doing in Ocho Rios as well. Stop over see what fellow cruisers have to say!

Hey there, all the info so far has been spot on, but I have to add something!

I applied sunscreen to lay in the shade and still got fried, any spots that I missed with the sunscreen blistered and it was the beginning of the cruise!!!

I spent the rest of the cruise in total hiding from the sun, it was awful. So apply your sunscreen thoroughly and maybe use two layers, LOL

My DH got fried with sunscreen too, we were a mess.

But, have fun!!! You will love it there!

Labadee looks great! I'm sure my kids will love it. Are adults allowed to use the waterpark, too?

Does anyone know if there is a charge to use the waterpark or the splash bash?

Thanks for your help!

Adults can certainly use the water park, and the water slide too. When we went in December, the charges were as follows:

Luc's Splash Bash - $5.00 for two hours

SeaTrek Arawak Aqua Park - $15 for 50 minutes

SeaTrek Water Slide - $20 for all-day usage

The day we were there, they told us the kids could play at Luc's Splash all day if they wanted to, that they weren't limiting it to two hours.

You can book these at RCCL's excursion site or when you get to Labadee. If you want a certain time for the aqua park, I'd book it at the website instead of waiting until you get there.

Archived