C&A / MBNA Problem-Need Help!

We were on the Grandeur of the Seas in May where we met with the Future Cruise Consultant and booked our "reward" cruise on the Sovereign of the Seas for October (50,000 Points Reward). Unfortunately, this process has been a mess. First issue was the Future Cruise Consultant FORGOT TO PAY OUR DEPOSITS :mad: (before you ask we booked face to face and got printouts showing she was charging the deposits) and our onboard booking was cancelled 7 days later. We only figured it out because we could not pull up our booking on RCL.com and called TA to see what was up. RCL was very nice about it :D and rebooked our cruise at the original price (it had gone up).

I then called MBNA and ordered my certificate. Got it 7 days later :) and called to question the statement on the back of the coupon that said we must book directly through RCL (no TA)....since they (RCL) were the ones who SENT it to my agent, I was confused. Called the number on the back of the certificate and discussed the issue with a lady then her supervisor Gary. Come to find out that I have a second issue since the Future Cruise Consultant booked us in a JS (so we could get the "whole" $500 per person value...it is $609pp) and Gary said the JS are not eligible for the reward :eek: ...they will only honor $379, the value of an "outside" cabin. Since this entire booking was done by a RCL employee, I am none too happy. Did not realize I had to get a degree in MBNA/RCL Reward redemptions prior to allowing a RCL employee to "assist" my booking :confused: . OK, sorry I had to let that little vent out.

Gary asked me to fax in a statement and copies of my onboard booking documents and the front and back of my certificate (no problem, very reasonable request). I did this 3 times last week, each time with a cover letter requesting they just acknowledge they GOT my fax (not have even fixed anything). I have waited 9 days and have called 3 additional times just asking someone to confirm they got the fax.

I could use a little help....for those of you who have had to contact people up in the ranks of RCL....can you help me out with an email address or phone number of someone who might a.) care b.) respond c.) at least TRY to help me? After 13 cruises with RCL, I am feeling less than appreciated. I don't want to get anyone in trouble, but I do feel I have a right to have my issue reviewed. At this point it is less about the money and more about the principal of the lack of customer service. Any help would be appreciated.

Rene

I just cashed in 25000 pts, upgrade from outside to balcony:D ..Had a G cabin category and it was good for a D1 upgrade, we opted to pay the difference between the D1 and a JS since it was only around $100 more per person for the upgrade and an aft JS. Sent the reward cert yesterday to RCI and scanned a copy to my TA, who called the Royal Rewards # and took care of everything. Call Royal Rewards Redemption 888-305-4626 and speak to Phoebe or Jason, they are both very knowledgeable and hopefully can help you out with your situation...Good Luck to you and keep us posted...Later, Jill:cool:

Sorry to say this but yes one should get a degree in redeeming points prior to trying to do so. These boards have said over & over that the reward certificates say you must book direct. A TA does not even have to agree to keep your booking as they make like nothing off of it. Royal would not have sent it to an agent unless you asked. You do only get the value of the outside and not the upgrade to a JS. It also mentions this on the back of the certificate. It's sad that one has to figure it all out but it's still worth more then the $500 you would get for (10) 5000 point certificates. $379 I assume is pp so $748 is better then $500. Gary is one of the supervisors along with Nakita (sp?). We went on the Monarch using this certificate and plan to use the same certificate on on Enchantment cruise. Just waiting for a few points to clear on the July statement before I request a certificate. Don't count on the full $1,000 but our last Monarch was just over $100 for a JS so :) ing here. Sorry you are finding it frustrating but sure you will have your degree soon if you keep reading these boards.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Thank you Dawn and Jill for your comments. After 11 days of just trying to get someone to call me back I am done. We will do whatever they work out so we do not spoil our family Fall Break. Then we will spend our cruise money elsewhere (and I have already got the papers to for a new Visa which is not 'Logo" RCL). I have spent 7 years traveling RCL/X Ships but if they do not even have the decency to call me back then they do not get any more of my time or money.

For anyone booking onboard the Grandeur beware of what the Future Cruise Consultant (Rosemarie) tells you and make sure you check your booking when you get home.....if she forgets to apply your deposit (like she did to us) you will lose your rooms/price.

Rene

Archived