If you could add anything on any RCI Ship what would it be?

If I could add anything to an RCI ship -

A Dunkin Donuts and a pizza place staffed by Italians from Brooklyn that know how to make real pizza. If there's 2 things they have no clue how to make on a cruise ship it's donuts and pizza.

Jerry! You are SO right about the pizza needing Italians from Brooklyn!

Also, they don't know what hollandaise sauce is.....

Leslie

If I could add anything to an RCI ship -

A Dunkin Donuts and a pizza place staffed by Italians from Brooklyn that know how to make real pizza. If there's 2 things they have no clue how to make on a cruise ship it's donuts and pizza.

whut a good one, thats exactly whut cruises need. real new yorker italian pizza makers.

Jerry - In answer to your question whether I'm rich or not, only my banker and chauffeur know for sure and they'd never tell. ;)

Now it's my turn to ask you a question - are you? :p

Cindy

BTW, I love reading everyone's suggestions - the lighthearted and the serious. Keep 'em coming!

Jerry - In answer to your question whether I'm rich or not, only my banker and chauffeur know for sure and they'd never tell. ;)

Now it's my turn to ask you a question - are you? :p

Cindy

BTW, I love reading everyone's suggestions - the lighthearted and the serious. Keep 'em coming!

Cindy,

Without a private plane you're just a poser ;)

I would add a swim-up bar and a real adult pool slide - yes, just like Carnival. I enjoyed the Movies Under the Stars on Princess - it was at one pool while all the on-going activities were at another - so you had your choice. Its nice to be able to do laundry but after trying it I think it is easier to send it out. A bowling alley would be great, and if you can level a bowling alley and a pool table, you might even be able to level a telescope for star-gazing. What I don't understand is why the Windjammer is on the same deck as the pools - if you move it down one deck you would open a lot more space for additional pools - and the bungee trampoline! A real Sports Bar would be nice and just for fun they could put in a brewery.

Hope Project Genesis incorporates all our ideas.

I would add a swim-up bar and a real adult pool slide - yes, just like Carnival. I enjoyed the Movies Under the Stars on Princess - it was at one pool while all the on-going activities were at another - so you had your choice. Its nice to be able to do laundry but after trying it I think it is easier to send it out. A bowling alley would be great, and if you can level a bowling alley and a pool table, you might even be able to level a telescope for star-gazing. What I don't understand is why the Windjammer is on the same deck as the pools - if you move it down one deck you would open a lot more space for additional pools - and the bungee trampoline! A real Sports Bar would be nice and just for fun they could put in a brewery.

Hope Project Genesis incorporates all our ideas.

if u didnt know yet, but Radiance has a pool table. dont know y they didnt keep going and like put pool tables on freedom...

Mr and Mrs whatever ship like HAL has thats a lot of fun and you get to meet

a bunch of new friends.

A special night where we all dress like our favorite 13th century

Hungarian Cabinet Maker.

See ya all on the next cruise

The worst cruise I was ever on was FANTASIC !!

John

I would like to see self service laundry facilities on every deck like other lines offer. The hot tubs need to be open LATE! Also a movie theater you can watch in the pool or on the pool deck. Yes, a slide would be fun in the pool. Since we are dreaming WINE included with all your meaLs!

Now it's my turn to ask you a question - are you? :p Cindy!

Your chauffeur.... my helicopter pilot will beat the crap out of him. Now you must excuse me as my entourage is waiting for me. We're jetting over to Monte Carlo for a quick bite to eat....:p

King size beds.

Dawning realisation that our bed in our OS on the Vision is only 5ft wide. When I booked thought US Queens were 6 ft wide as the Kings we always have in hotels are 7ft wide. Haven't slept in a 5ft wide bed for 20 years, so I think we'll be having to get the sofa bed made up for DH to sleep on! Not a great plan for an expensive holiday. So unfortunately this will be probably be our first and last RCI cruise.

King size beds.

Dawning realisation that our bed in our OS on the Vision is only 5ft wide. When I booked thought US Queens were 6 ft wide as the Kings we always have in hotels are 7ft wide. Haven't slept in a 5ft wide bed for 20 years, so I think we'll be having to get the sofa bed made up for DH to sleep on! Not a great plan for an expensive holiday. So unfortunately this will be probably be our first and last RCI cruise.

Snuggle up and enjoy! We've always found we were so tired by bed time we hardly moved the whole night. We'll never be booking an OS so I guess a king is out since it would take up the whole cabin :)

How about more pool space with deeck chairs. I have a set ratio. 2 to 1 or something, it seems the bigger the ship the smaaler the pool area.

Also how about power boats that tour along side the ship for sea days. Tehy could run along side and take people out while at sea!

Some things I can think of, or agree with others on:

1) Movie Screen outside (Like on princess) THat is really cool.. During the day they play concerts or kids movies, and at night cinema movies...A great way to kill some down time.

2) I agree with several on the water slide.. I was actually suprised when I didn't see it on the freedom plans.

3) Bowling alley - Lets see how it works on teh NCL Pearl before we ask for it...lol.

4) Instead of having to waste a lawn chair just to put my shirt/sandles on when I go swimming, so someone who doesn't want to tan can't have it.. I wish that they would put like a rack of 15-20 "cubby holes" by the pool just to throw shirts/and shoes in so I don't have to "hog" a chair from someone else when I just want a place for my stuff and have no intention of using the chair at all.

I agree with many posters here about having certain new things on a ship.

1. A bowling alley that self levels

2. A water slide into a regular pool

3. pool tables on more ships

4. and most important, a lazy river that meanders throughout the pool area with bridges going over it to get to the pools and hot tubs and deck chairs. Maybe some of the bridges could even have waterfalls.

5. better pizza

Some things I can think of, or agree with others on:

1) Movie Screen outside (Like on princess) THat is really cool.. During the day they play concerts or kids movies, and at night cinema movies...A great way to kill some down time.

2) I agree with several on the water slide.. I was actually suprised when I didn't see it on the freedom plans.

3) Bowling alley - Lets see how it works on teh NCL Pearl before we ask for it...lol.

4) Instead of having to waste a lawn chair just to put my shirt/sandles on when I go swimming, so someone who doesn't want to tan can't have it.. I wish that they would put like a rack of 15-20 "cubby holes" by the pool just to throw shirts/and shoes in so I don't have to "hog" a chair from someone else when I just want a place for my stuff and have no intention of using the chair at all.

LOVE the cubby hole idea!

Just 2 things I'd suggest:

1 - Internet in your room

2 - Tim Hortons (you get coffee and donuts)

Timmys---my friend and I are going on a 15 day Hawaii next year and are already planning on bringing our own Tims coffee and coffee maker. Otherwise we will go through withdrawls since we drink a "double" "double" every day!!!!

Timmys---my friend and I are going on a 15 day Hawaii next year and are already planning on bringing our own Tims coffee and coffee maker. Otherwise we will go through withdrawls since we drink a "double" "double" every day!!!!

We're taking Tim's on our next cruise too, and a small coffee maker. Love my Tim's, especially the strawberry tarts:D and coffee.

Fran in Toronto

Archived