hanging flags off of balconies?

I tried to fly my Longhorn windsock from our aft balcony last year...it just kept blowing back onto the balcony:( ....

Are you sure that ocean breeze wasn't trying to tell you something? ;) Just kidding. I would only say that and mean it if it were an Auburn windsock. :D

Ships may fly flags, but they normally fly them from the mast, not from the portholes or windows or odd locations all over the ship. The cruise lines spend a lot of money designing a ship. The ship will look like crap if all the passengers start hanging flags all over it.

"look like crap" in your opinion. Aren't opinions great? :D

Yes they are and I agree with Jerry. However, if we all agreed, life (not to mention CC), would be VERY boring :D

###

Let's get serious here folks. I'm am going to fly the #20 flag and my wife will fly the #9. Boggiedee Boggiedee:D

And we'll be flying the 24 and 48! (although my daughters would prefer 8 and 9)

who really cares if someone hangs a flag on their balcony?? if the cruise lines had a problem then they would have a rule against it, and they dont, so who cares.

also its not like every single person that has a balcony is flying a flag, or the entire side of the ship is covered with one giant flag...geeze. people need to calm down, and stop caring so much about the stupid things like flags hanging on balconies, and start caring about the important things in this nation, like the war.

I personally like to look up at ships in port and see all the different flags, especially when there are a red sox and yankees flag right next to each other.

GREG

I have never understood the reasoning for decorating with xmas trees, bunnies, flags, or pumpkins. Seems like a waste of time.

f5cdre2.jpg?phovUzEBfMY5P8U4

bplazo: Cute puppy dressed up for his/her birthday...some people would think this is a waste of time but I think it's adorable!:D

who really cares if someone hangs a flag on their balcony?? if the cruise lines had a problem then they would have a rule against it, and they dont, so who cares.

also its not like every single person that has a balcony is flying a flag, or the entire side of the ship is covered with one giant flag...geeze. people need to calm down, and stop caring so much about the stupid things like flags hanging on balconies, and start caring about the important things in this nation, like the war.

I personally like to look up at ships in port and see all the different flags, especially when there are a red sox and yankees flag right next to each other.

GREG

Exactly!! Who cares??:cool:

LOL, That little puppy looks very embarrassed. :D

Really, that is so cute.

f5cdre2.jpg?phovUzEBfMY5P8U4

bplazo: Cute puppy dressed up for his/her birthday...some people would think this is a waste of time but I think it's adorable!:D

GREG

Bravo. Sometimes I think some of these member's computer chair must be puckered from being so uptight. :D

Again, I know that people get excited about cruising and all that, but sorry....I just think that all those decorations really look tacky, especially on the outside of the ship.

Wanna decorate...do it in your cabin.

Last cruise someone had battery operated lights on their cabin door blinking incessantly all week...looked like a cheap billboard on New York City's 42nd Street ......

We also have 4 balcony rooms lined up in a row in December and will proudly be displaying our Dallas Cowboy Flags!!!!

It's our cruise, too and if we choose to let it fly, gosh darnit, it will fly!

HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!! Yes, that's right, a Cowboys fan in Philly. It's tough but I'm standing tall & proud!!

Barbara from Philly

Archived