Port Canaveral restuarant suggestions

There are several restaurants in the port canaveral area. It depends on what type of food you are looking for. If you want seafood, Grills is good in the Port but Fishlips is also good and also looks at the ships and not as crowded as Grills. If you want good sushi or Thai food then go to Thai-Thai which is right across the street from the Radisson.

Here's two restaurants we especially enjoyed last year:

http://www.floridas-seafood.com/index.html -- for great seafood

http://www.durangosteakhouse.com/locations_cocoabeach_fl.html -- for great steaks.

I know it's going to be hard to believe, but these were such great steaks, we visited this restaurant twice! Great food!

We went to the Grill's listed above, and we were disappointed with the food and service, but we did lunch, not dinner. Had friends who went after us, visited it for dinner, who said it was great!

I also vote for Grill as long as you like seafood, they also had land animal dishes. It can get crowded but if you go early there is no one there. Prices are good and portion were a nice size. No problem with quality or service. Use the coupon mentioned by another poster, I just mentioned it and she took it off, didn't even have to give it to her.

Hi, I live in Central Florida and my favorite place to eat in Cocoa is at Bernards. It is located at the corner of Minute Man causeway and A1A. They have great steaks and seafood. They also have a great early bird menu.

There is also a nice restaurant a few miles away ot the Cocoa Beach Pier called Atlantic Grill. It is very good. Afterwards, you can go outside, and listen to live music. The restaurant itself is at the end of the pier, so you are over the ocean.

I also like Fishlips at the pier (though not as much as AG). Grills is okay, but not my fave. Bernanrd's Surf is also good. Go for the early bird because otherwise, they are quite pricey.

There is also a place called Heidelberg which has homemade German food and desserts that are exquisite. It is a little dressy and pricey.

I was born and raised in that area, so I've been to a lot of the places around the port and Cocoa Beach.

There are several restaurants in the port canaveral area. It depends on what type of food you are looking for. If you want seafood, Grills is good in the Port but Fishlips is also good and also looks at the ships and not as crowded as Grills. If you want good sushi or Thai food then go to Thai-Thai which is right across the street from the Radisson.

Fishlips...yummm

My favorite!

It really depends on what you like to eat, and how far you want to drive. Grills and Fishlips are right by the Port, which is in an industrial area ... so the view isn't so nice. There are usually bands playing at both restaurants, and it can be loud. These are very casual, party-atmosphere restaurants which don't necessarily suit everyone.

If you're willing to drive, then Bernards is a good choice, but here are some other choices:

- Mango Tree (Continental)

- Yen Yen's (Chinese - across the street from Bernard's - pricey but good Chinese)

- Gregory's (steaks)

- The Black Tulip (very fine Continental dining - in Cocoa Village)

Durango's is a bit like a Longhorns. Their steaks can be good (wood fire cooked), and their drinks are great.

I have heard that The Dove is excellent, but haven't eaten there yet (we moved to the area last summer). And there are all the usual chain restaurants in Merritt Island - Chili's, Applebees, etc.

Archived