Explorer Compass for Bermuda

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am going on the Explorer September 17th, 2006 to Bermuda. I have searched high and low and have not found any copies of the cruise compass for this trip. If anyone is schedule to go soon or have just returned, please scan copies. Thank you. :)

I will be on the Explorer to Bermuda this Sunday (FIRST TIME ON A CRUISE!!) and I would love a copy as well

lcfec69@comcast.net

also, how was the sailing (the waters)? Was it really rough?? I know it will be from what I haver read, but I am a little nervous!

I was on the Explorer 5 day to Bermuda that sailed July 23. Except for the Monday going down to Bermuda, the seas weren't that bad. I experienced much rougher seas cruising to Canada and Alaska. I thought the the trip back from Bermuda was very smooth.

Of course, it ALL depends on the weather, and its impossible to predict what its going to be like next week so try not to become overanxious about it.

If seasickness is your concern, there are several threads that discuss various remedies and each one has its advocates. Several posters have said that if you take an OTC medication, like Bonine, start taking it the day before you sail.

Good luck and have a wonderful cruise.

Thank you all so much.. I have never been motion sick before on rides, planes, cars, or ferries, so I am not sure if I will get sick. I am more nervous that if it gets really rough, that the rocking will freak me out (i am a nervous ninny by nature!) so I am just preparing myself that it may get rocky so I will be ready for it!

(by the way, when it does get rough, what exactly does it feel like? Does stuff fly around??)

Thank you all so much.. I have never been motion sick before on rides, planes, cars, or ferries, so I am not sure if I will get sick. I am more nervous that if it gets really rough, that the rocking will freak me out (i am a nervous ninny by nature!) so I am just preparing myself that it may get rocky so I will be ready for it!

(by the way, when it does get rough, what exactly does it feel like? Does stuff fly around??)

Have a few drinks and any rocking won't bother you, you won't know if it is the booze or the boat. LOL

Seriously though, it would take something very dramatic to cause stuff to fly around! When the seas are rough it feels like the floor is moving unevenly, not terrible just a little unstable. I am going on my 10th cruise and have only had "rough" seas once and that was a verrrrrryyyyyy old ship with no stabilizers or anything and about 1/8 th the size of Explorer.

Please try to relax, 90% of the time we don't even realize the boat is moving except when we look out and see the beautiful sea going by.

Sue

If you feel anything at all, you may sense a rolling motion. Walking across an expanse of deck or corridor, you may feel as if you're walking slightly "uphill" or "downhill" even though everything looks perfectly level. (Incidently, its the disparity between what you see and what your inner ear feels, that causes seasickness.)

From 1974 to 1984, my office was on the 81st floor of 2 World Trade Center (the south tower). Those buildings were designed to "sway" in high winds, and I felt more movement on a windy day up there than I've yet to feel on a big cruise ship.

Archived