Movie: "Open Water"

This movie is apparantly based on a true story, but in the movie it is a man & woman who are left stranded in the ocean. Not sure if it is the same incident or not.....

Also to derf..... this movie is definitely new. I have seen the trailer both at the theatre & on the web. The movie is not being released until August.

There was an article in Mens Journal this past week that talked about a guy who this past spring was left out in the middle of the ocean by his tour boat. He was out there with a bunch of his buddies and there was a mix up with the roll call. No one noticed he was missing until about 4 hours later. (some friends huh!!). Well the guy was rescued when some boy scouts (swear) came by in their boat and he waved and yelled to them and they picked him up.

How crazy....

Yes!! I saw this on Oprah yesterday - they were having real life heros and they had both the man and the boy (about maybe 16) who saw him through binoculars (sp)!!!

I saw the trailer for Christmas with the Kranks, at the beginning of Spiderman 2. Said it was coming out this fall. Haven't seen the other trailer but sounds really good. Definately a must see. I sure hope they found them alive, I hate sad endings. If not how would they have made this true story into a movie?

The movie is not based on the article i read. It is based on another story. Most of the movie is based on "probablies." I did read that they found some of the real divers' (the one the movie is based on) personal effects and a divers board (??) where they had written a message that said "HELP ! RESCUE US OR WE WILL DIE." It had washed ashore and was found some time later. I don't know about the movie, but in real life the couple did not survive.

The guy in the article I read did survie.

Kinda scary, but the chances of this happening are slim.

The movie is not based on the article i read. It is based on another story. Most of the movie is based on "probablies." I did read that they found some of the real divers' (the one the movie is based on) personal effects and a divers board (??) where they had written a message that said "HELP ! RESCUE US OR WE WILL DIE." It had washed ashore and was found some time later. I don't know about the movie, but in real life the couple did not survive.

If the couple didn't survive, then I wonder how they can tell the story of what happened to them.

Care to share which article? Was is paper or was it online?

Yea it does seem kinda scary, but I wouldn't be able to swim out in the middle of the ocean anyway. I like to stick close to shore...

I agree with you. I can swim, but there is no way I could stay afloat for an extended period of time if I were left out there. I'll stay close to shore just to be on the safe side.

Archived