What is the worst behaivor you have seen by a passenger on an NCL ship

shoreguy

This thread is scary! I guess us NCL fans are the sick, lowlife, degenerate, McDonalds eating people that a couple of NCL Bashers have said we were all along!!!

-Monte

I resent that! I don't eat at McDonalds! ;)

This thread is scary! I guess us NCL fans are the sick, lowlife, degenerate, McDonalds eating people that a couple of NCL Bashers have said we were all along!!!

-Monte

Are you the full Monty

This thread is scary!

Well hollow-ween is right around the corner

Just to resurrect this thread one more time...

After cruising the Sun last week, we had a great time, but the worst behavior we saw was definitely in the theater. First night, it was someone talking to their companion. If you're talking OVER the music so that the person next to you can hear you, guess what? Everyone else can hear you, too! We had to shush this person a few times. Third night was two couples coming into a show 15 minutes late, in the middle of a number, who would not be content with aisle seats, but instead all 4 had to cross over in front of us to get better seats. The last night it was four kids that were a little too young to all be sitting together, and were very chatty and kicking our seats throughout the show--parents completely oblivious. We've learned our lesson, and will be sitting in the comfy chairs with tables at the front of the theater every time next time!

The worse behavior that I saw last week was a cheap family trying to save a few dollars. We're sitting in teppanyaki and I'm looking out over Ginza/East Meets West and I see a group of about 6 adults dining over their steaks. Next thing I know, 5 girls (maybe 12 or 14 at most) come in and start grabbing food off their parents plates and eating it over their shoulders. This lasted for about 3 minutes before a water came over a shooed the girls away. The girls then left, rolling their eyes and laughing at the poor waiter. I was a bit shocked, I think the parnets didn't want to pay the price for the kids to eat their, so they let them come in.

Lesson learned: Make your kids get steaks in the main restaurants.

The passenger on the Norway, October 2000...he was in his 60's..wearing a gstring bathing suit...and he'd had a few two many donuts in his day..and he was dancing by the pool. He definately needed a bra. Another passenger hollered over that the guy looked like a beached whale "and could you please cover up?"

Menina

The passenger on the Norway, October 2000...he was in his 60's..wearing a gstring bathing suit...and he'd had a few two many donuts in his day..and he was dancing by the pool. He definately needed a bra. Another passenger hollered over that the guy looked like a beached whale "and could you please cover up?"

Menina

Was that me. Looks like I'll have to go into rehab like all those actors and politicians.

Menina

While I definitely agree that a man in a teeny, tiny bathing suit (and, yes, especially one with a very large belly) is an unappealing sight, it's this other passenger who gets my vote as rudest in this story.

beachchick

There is great thread on the view of the passengers from the crew side. In an effort not to hijack that thread I thought this would be interesting and offer some insight into what not to do onboard.

I am not sure what the worst behavior I have seen but the following is in the top ten.

I first cruised the Dawn from Miami in Feb 2003, loved the ship and booked July from NYC onboard. I had forgotten the difference between the summer crowd and the off season crowd. I witnessed a lot on that cruise.

The one that sticks in my mind since I ended up in the middle of it was the woman who had a diapered infant in the hot tub :eek: One of the bar staff nicely asked her if she understood babies should not be in the hot tub. I was sitting a chair 2 feet from this woman when she jumped from the tub grabbed the girl by the shirt and started a four letter word beating.

C words F words - I paid for this * vacation. She reduced the girl to tears telling her to go back to the third world hole she climbed out of. Without a doubt the meanest person I have ever seen.

I final got in the middle when the woman demanded the girls pen to write down "her silly * name and report her for ruining the woman's vacation. At this point the girl ran off in tears. I asked the woman if I could use the pen she took. She gave it to me and then asked why as I copied her name from the key card hanging around her neck " so I can report you for ruining my vacation" and I did just that to make sure the abused crew member was not subjected to a false report.

And we wonder why crew members do not always enforce the rules :rolleyes:

She paid for the vacation so everyone should deal with the feces and urine which the baby leaked into the hot tub. That would have ruined my vacation in addition to the nasty attitude.

Yes, he was definatley rude. He really had the guts ( no pun intended!) to say out loud what other passengers may have been thinking!

While I definitely agree that a man in a teeny, tiny bathing suit (and, yes, especially one with a very large belly) is an unappealing sight, it's this other passenger who gets my vote as rudest in this story.

beachchick

beachchick

I think the person who posted this post who posted about the other passenger who was upset about the tiny bathing suit was the rudest.

She paid for the vacation so everyone should deal with the feces and urine which the baby leaked into the hot tub. That would have ruined my vacation in addition to the nasty attitude.

Not only that, but it's not healthy for the child to be exposed to those temps either. Hard for their bodies to regulate that kind of heat.

-Monte

I think the person who posted this post who posted about the other passenger who was upset about the tiny bathing suit was the rudest.

Pishtosh, I propose that the pundit who publicly panned the previous poster's post passed the point of proper protocol, and was the p(rudest).:cool:

Archived