Western Carib. w/kids (SUN Oct. 22-29)

sbpat

We will be taking the kids along on our cruise this Oct. on the SUN. We have never cruised with the kids before. I am trying to figure out a good place for them to snorkel-safe, shallower water. Any ideas? we will be in Costa Maya, Cozumel, Belize City , and Guatemala.

Also, I am a nervous mom! Are the kid's crew programs totally safe???? I am very concerned about leaving the kids with strangers. They will be 3, 7, and 9 when we sail.

Costa Maya: We really like the beach at Majahual (sp). Its about 2 miles from the port. You can get a taxi outside the shopping area. It's about $3 each way.

Belize: We did a snorkel trip here through the ship to Goff's Caye and had a great time (we were on Carnival). You don't have to worry about the depth of the water as they had everyone wear life jackets.

Cozumel: We've been to cozumel several times and book our excurions there through cozumelinsider.com. They are right on the island and are great. I highly recommend them. On our last trip our excursion was cancelled due to weather (Hurricane Katrina was in the gulf) and our refund was processed to our credit card before we even got home.

Sorry, can't help with Guatemala.

Last year we cruised with a 3 year old and 6 year old, and had such a great time we are going again. The kids, even the 3 year old loved the kids program and I always felt safe leaving the kids at camp while we were at sea, did not want to leave them and have us leave the ship in port, but we have friends who have done that many times. Our kids have begged to go on another cruise since that time and we are going again in October. We booked our Western Carrribean excursions through a company called cozumelcruiseexcursions.com. The have sites for belize and costa maya as well and there are links to the other sites from the cozumel site. Our iternerary was totally changed because Hurricane Wilma was nearby, they followed our itenerary and changed the dates to follow us and credited our credit card for what was canceled before we had even returned home.

Archived