Packaging wine for travel??

BarbaraP

Can someone tell me how I package the wine I would like to take on my cruise for both air travel and boarding the ship. Do airlines allow wine on carry-ons? If I buy wine in port can I bring it on ship for the cruise home?? Thanks Barb

The last cruise we went on I brought a bottle of wine with us from home. I put it in a wine gift box and into my checked luggage. After the flight I transferred it to my carry on bad and they didn't take it from me at the port security check. Also I've brought alcohol on a plane in my carry on before with no problem.

If you buy wine in a port, they may or may not take it from you when you get back on the ship. If they take it from you, you'll get it back the last night of the trip.

I purchased wine a few years ago at some Napa Valley wineries and carried it back on the flight home packaged in a cardboard box with handles and dividers provided by the winery. It was sooooo heavy, that by the time I got home I felt it wasn't worth the effort. But going on a cruise and taking your favorite wine is different ~ I think I'd have to keep it in my carryon during the flight as well, wine-soaked clothes would not be a good start to the cruise. ;)

I purchased wine a few years ago at some Napa Valley wineries and carried it back on the flight home packaged in a cardboard box with handles and dividers provided by the winery. It was sooooo heavy, that by the time I got home I felt it wasn't worth the effort. But going on a cruise and taking your favorite wine is different ~ I think I'd have to keep it in my carryon during the flight as well, wine-soaked clothes would not be a good start to the cruise. ;)

I agree what a mess, thanks for the hints.

Get a few Built NYC neoprene wine totes.

https://www.builtny.com/index.php

We use them all the time for taking wine aboard cruises. They are super easy and comfortable to use if you want to carry the wine on-board the plane or ship (they do not cut into your hands like the cardboard carriers do). Or, you can put the wine in them, wrap some clothes around them and put them in your suitcase. We have never had any problems. And, you can use them at home to transport wine to a picnic or other function. No, I do not own stock in this company (I wish I did, come to think of it), but I love their products!

We are leaving for our cruise on Tuesday and we are taking a case of wine with us. I am simply using a wine shipping box that I got from some wine I ordered online. If it can make it through the UPS system, I do not think the airlines can break it!:rolleyes: It is just a cardboard box with molded styrofoam dividers for a case of wine. Cheers!

Archived