How much is Jewelry discounted in St. Martin? Approx.

Gigi1220

it's what time of day you shop, how hard you bargain and how often you walk away so they can make another offer. I bought a ring there last year tagged at $4000 and ended up paying about $800. I had the cruise ship discount, 1st buyer of the day, right handed, best t shirt and Florida discounts. I bet they still made 200-300% profit. Don't pay anything close to the tag price as these are inflated sky high to make you think you are getting a bargain. After purchase the appraisal certificate comes in at about what you actually pay. I wouldn't trust any of them buying a solitare but go to atrusted jeweler where you live and they will negotiate and you'll pay about the same as in STM.

If you see something you like make an offer but be willing to walk away.

I bought a ring from Vicky, a personal reference from Joyce Prince. He is at Jewelry Outlet. The ring was appraised at $2,050 (I realize they appraise high). I paid about 35% less.

He is great to deal with, not pushy; and he personally retrieved a wide selection of blue diamond rings for me to choose from (since he had only a few).

I shopped around and did not care for the other people/places I was dealing with; so I went back to him and purchased! 60 day return policy too.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out Venetians on Front Street near the Courthouse. They are a wholesaler and had a great deal. We saw the same ring in St. Thomas and it was $3,000 more. That Jewler said he bought his rings from the Venetian Supplier who was a wholesaler in California that set up a retail shop in St. Martins.

Bill

Archived