Door decorating........

ree123

Is it still allowed? In 97 on the Imagination and then again in 2002 on the Fascination, we decorated the doors with magnets and streamers (kinda easy to find out room after a night drinking):rolleyes: . Anyways, is it still ok??We will be on the Destiny Aug 6-13-YEAH!!!!

Yes it is.. I had door signs made for all my cc group last year. The magnets did not work on the door though. They did, however, work just beside the door. I had fun with my group, and moved the door signs one night.. hmmmm.. after a few I think! :-) Have fun!

We have decorated not only our doors, but also our balcony doors every cruise. I pack some scotch tape for the cabin door and suction cups for the balcony door. Christmas I even brought christmas lights!! It is fun walking down the hall and hearing people talk about our door! My husband thinks I am nuts!!!

The elation 's door was magnetic so I used magnetic paper and put amgnetic tape on decoratins. The Conquest's door are NOT magnetic so used tape. I took care to remove any residue when we left. Many people stopped by to thank us for the decorations. They said the decorations helped them remember where their door was. We enjoyed it too! :D

Can anyone post a link to some pics of decorated doors? We're taking our kids on their first cruise in two weeks and this sounds like something I'd love to do! (It's hubby and my first cruise since the B.C. years...and I don't remember any decorated doors on the Skyward way back then)

blessedbygrace: I am bringing door signs for our Meet & Mingle if you want to add that to your door. Hopefully the people from our roll call will all meet and if we all put the signs up it will be fun.

I am also bringing graduation decorations (my dd just graduated from college). I know people decorate all sorts of ways (just depending on what you want to bring w/you).

I also bring a windsock to hang from ceiling just outside our door so we can find our room easily. Everyone in the hall area then comments how that saves them guessing where there rooms are too. I bring a lg. size paperclip and hang from lite or ceiling area

Just off the Fascination with my "Sweet 16 Party" girls and not only did the girls decorate the inside of the room (above what I paid for thru Carnival) they decorated the door and the hallways and the ceiling with streamers and ballons and more ballons and more streamers and a Happy Sweet 16 Danielle Birthday sign in the hallway.

Thank goodness the passengers and the crew on the Riveria Deck loved it!!!! It also made for great conversation all week long....

Elaine :)

07/10/2006 Carnival Fascination Western

03/17/2006 Costa Magic Eastern (never ever again Costa)

09/02/2005 Carnival Fascination Bahamas

03/18/2005 NCL Spirit Southern

3/20/2004 Carnival Triumph Western

3/16/2003 Carnival Spirit Exotic W. Caribbean

08/02 NCL Sun

12/21/2001 Carnival Spirit Southern Caribbean

10/15/2000 Carnival Destiny Southern Caribbean

1/31/2000 Carnival Ecstasy Western Caribbean

10/17/1999 Carnival Destiny Western Caribbean

10/98 RCL Grandeur of the Seas

10/18/1997 Carnival Fascination Southern Caribbean

10/6/1996 Carnival Sensation Western Caribbean

10/7/1995 Carnival Imagination Western Caribbean

10/94 Dolphin IV

11/6/1993 Carnival Celebration

11/1/1986 Carnival Carnivale

Can someone advise if the Valor doors are magnetic? (on my recent Victory cruise I discovered they were NOT!).

Have purchased magnetic 'paper' to photocopy door sign onto and would hate to go to all the trouble and expense if it doesn't 'stick'!

Thanks!

Froufie

Thanks for all of the reply and ideas!! Like all your ideas........My DD7 is dancing on the Destiny in the theater on the at sea days with her dance center(so proud!) and I have to decorate somr of the doors. Double-sided tape should work, righy? Or will the humidity screw it up?

Archived