POA and POAm Port Car Rental?

Trvler

Two years ago on the POA, we booked a car in Maui through Alamo. It was the only port that we booked a car in as we did NCL tours in the other ports.

Alamo picked us up at the ship, took us to their airport location (about 5 minutes) and then after we dropped the car off at 9:30 that night, they took us back to the ship. It cost us $60.00 for a mini van for the day.

Both of my recent trips I noticed thrifty was cheap so I went with them.

If you rent in Kona though use Dollar and rent out of the king kamehameha hotel, far closer than the airport location the others are at. You'll have more time/energy for other things in the day.

We just used Thrifty for all ports except Kona and had a wonderful experience. By using discount codes (do a search of this board) and joining their Blue Chip program we had expedited service and never paid more than $29. a day. We booked economy cars but got two upgrades at no extra charge :) . Their shuttle service was always very great for us, and on our last day when we left the ship in Oahu Thrifty's shuttle picked us up at the pier and took us to their airport location where we had our car for the day in less than 5 minutes. We then took our own circle tour of Oahu before our 10 pm flight home. After we returned the car Thrifty shuttled us right to our gate. Very satisfied Thrifty customer here!

We just used Thrifty for all ports except Kona and had a wonderful experience. By using discount codes (do a search of this board) and joining their Blue Chip program we had expedited service and never paid more than $29. a day. We booked economy cars but got two upgrades at no extra charge :) . Their shuttle service was always very great for us, and on our last day when we left the ship in Oahu Thrifty's shuttle picked us up at the pier and took us to their airport location where we had our car for the day in less than 5 minutes. We then took our own circle tour of Oahu before our 10 pm flight home. After we returned the car Thrifty shuttled us right to our gate. Very satisfied Thrifty customer here!

WOW $29 where are the codes? was this for a Jeep? Do we need a jeep for every island?

No....We did not rent a jeep. We always booked the economy cars and they were fine for everywhere we drove on the islands. Actually easier to manage on those narrow one way roads on the Road to Hana in Maui or Hwy 350 along the northwest coast in Maui. Even fine for Waimea Canyon driving on Kauai! We drove just about everywhere because my DH LOVES driving. Jeeps are quite a bit more to rent and we didn't want to spend the extra $$$'s Saw MANY jeeps in our travels One of the codes you can use for Thrifty is code #2015 (i hope that's right..can't find the post where I saw that again recently) or book your car through this website:

http://www.hawaiidiscountcarrental.com/

We actually compared rates using both these codes and the corporate rate we got through the website above was always best for us this past June.

After we booked our cars I would check back about once a week to see if I could get any cheaper rates. I think I found lower priced three different times, so I simply cancelled my old reservations with Thrifty and made the new ones at the less expensive rate. I printed all my paperwork and took a folder with me on our cruise. Never had any problems and the rate were always the same or just slightly less than the quote I had printed. Fill your own tank before returning the cars and that will save you some $$s too.

Archived